Thursday, December 13, 2018

Christmas spirit abounds

Home improvement projects are fun and not stressful and making decisions with a spouse is easy and never leads to arguments or hurt feelings. If i say/write this enough it will become true, right? 

After a home improvemt stressful kind of morning I headed to tutor and then to the church. Our big Community Christmas Concert is Saturday and today was setup day! Alecia and I vacuumed all the pews in the chapel and we all put together an decorated trees, doors, and tables. 

I left at 1:30 and ordered and paid for our basement carpet. It’s getting real up in here/down in there. Quick stop to Aldi - the third between Matt and I for the week, which = poor meal planning, but in my defense my refreshment bringing planning is on pointe. 

After school the littlest Rays and I (Addie has robotics) went with some neighborhood kids to the nursing home. 

They’ve done this every Christmas and for some reason or another we’d never made it. The kids make cards and give them to residents and carol and generally act cutely. D is still little and still often grumpy when she comes home from school, so there was some art drama surrounding her card. She finally decided she’d bring it along and see if she wanted to fix it. She did, and in between songs she worked in getting it just right. 

Then she decided she didn’t actually want to give it away. We talking about #lighting the world and how it’s better to give than to take and she finally decided that was ok. 

Sephie had come and didn’t have any cards to give out (as opposed to the one D and F had) and so after D decided she’d give her card away, Delaney asked for a pen and wrote sephies name on the card too. That made her so happy and I was so proud of delaney. 

After the singing we visited in their cute little common room. They do a great job decorating there! Ps - the cute little boy was Rudolph pulling their sleigh. 

Even was Sephie and Delaney’s reading buddy last year before he headed off to middle school, and they both still love him and love to razz him. His mom took this cute picture. 😍

The cute crew. We’re grateful to be part of such a fun and generous neighborhood. 

After dinner while the girls played with their slime, I read a few chapters of Swallows and Amazons. It’s such a cute story, even when Frankie declares at church that she wants to be “little Titty,” who, I swear, is a character from the hook. 

And as a bonus #10, this awesome little diddy circa 2005.  Lu and I want to recreate this beaut sometime. Whyyyy? This was also the photo shoot where we all wore white robes. It’s like I hit my head planning the whole shoot. They can’t all be winning, right?



1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Sounds like a good time and life learning experience for the kids. I am sure the residents enjoyed having the kiddies there, too.

You're doing a whole lotta things right. I admire your patience . . . it greatly exceeds mine.

And I want that last picture. Where was Christian in his matching weather?

A happy family.