Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Thursday in December

There’s an apartment near a sister that we visit that Delaney loves. I imagine a very Mrs. Divine type lady lives here. She’s v fancy and this little 6 yo is v impressed. 

I love plant gifts. I have managed to keep this pretty plant from my friend Lexi alive for a year, even transferring it to a new pot. This is a big success for me. Also an aloe plant from our friends the Nielson’s when her husband was our home teacher several years ago. Good memories. 

On Thursday and Friday morning I tutor early so the girls walk to school as I drive off. They are very cautious street crossers and will wait if they even see a car in the distance. I snapped them quickly before they crossed this morning. 

I made many trips to the school today. My first was right after tutoring to drop off the teacher cookies that needed to be to the school by 12. Then I got home and realized Frankie had left her book exchange book on the island. During our presidency mtg at our house, I saw an email that the exchange party would be at 12:15, so I quickly ran up to the drop that off for my forgetful little sally. Then it was my Maker Space (Or Maker Mom, as my shirt says) day and Addie and Frankie have been patiently waiting for my day to volunteer before they came. (The final trip was to walk to bring an umbrella and walk home with Robotics Club Addie)

They made light up ornaments with closed circuits - way over my head. 

After Maker fun we were able to deliver teacher gift card books to 2 of our teachers that will be gone tomorrow. It’s my favorite gift and so fun. 

Mrs. G gave me a big hug and said just how perfect a gift these books are, and I agree! I’ve got it down to a science. I send papers home for the kids to write what they think their teacher will do over Christmas break, and then they can attach a gift card, or not. The teachers get such sweet pages and also a lot of nice gifts. Win, win. 

Addie and class made ugly sweaters. Love it!

Tracie made me this lovely bottle of homemade vanilla. Can’t wait to try it, Yay!

And finally, Delaney Ray a year ago, and Sunday. It’s hard when your mom goes to early Sunday meetings. At least we can all laugh about the fashion blunders, and I think she’s the sweetest thing no matter what she’s wearing. Even though she’s cuter when she matches and brushes hair and teeth. 



1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Ah, New Year, New Challenges. But know that D's sartorial splendor will be a constant joy. Keeping busy makes the time go by quickly so be sure and take the time, as I am sure you already do, to savor how small these girls are right now. In a flash they'll be grown up and writing blogs about their busy life and you'll be wondering, "What just happened!?! Where'd my babies go!?!"

Great gifts for those teachers. They're fortunate to have such supportive and involved parents. Maybe those girls will be able to come over to my place someday and wire it all up so I can actually use that doggone TV with my computer and other things.

Maybe!!