Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve day

After a pretty busy and full day of cooking on thanksgiving I definitely wanted to prep today for Christmas dinner. So I got my girls involved and we had a great time!

Everyone pitched in. It wasn’t all done perfectly but it beats doing it all myself. 

We played lots of games in between. 

And then at 4 we went to a Children’s Christmas Eve service at the Methodist church. Pastor Katie narrated our Community Christmas Concert and Matt and I really liked the idea of supporting her service. 

It was so cute! She had the kids come up and had a felt show and had the kids smell frankincense and myrrh and lots of singing. Rainbow Ellie Sparkles showed up in a glass jar this morning so we could pick her up and take her around with us. My friend posted the idea and I thought it was so cute! They had fun bringing her with us to church. 

We had appetizers for dinner and it was one of my favorite dinners in a long time. Guacamole and queso, spinach and cranberry dip, mozzarella sticks, jalepeno poppers, pigs in a blanket, potstickers, egg rolls, and shrimp cocktail. I heart all food. 

Lexi got home and we played some more games until Chris finally made it home after 7. 

We made Santa’s cookie plate and poured his eggnog. 

Almost time!

2 comments:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

What a wonderful day and what a great dinner!! I wanted to be there just for the dinner alone . . . oh, and the company, too, of course.

Merry Christmas!!

Alecia said...

I love your new table!