Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

The last few days of 2018 were good ones. We enjoyed our very last 3 hour block of church. Ever, I guess? I’ve had v mixed emotions about this one, but we presented about Come, Follow Me during RS, and after experimenting with it, I’m pretty excited. So I go forward enthusiastically! 

All of ward council was spent talking about the changes and how things will go. Making sure we know, mostly, what we’re doing. Such an amazing time to live in and such a blessing to be able to serve. And this meme is sup-ah true!

About a year ago Noreen and I discovered we owned the same skirt, (and we both love shopping at Cato) and we’ve talked about twinning one day, but never got around to it. I wanted to wear my new bling that Addie and Matt picked out for me from Colleen’s Glitz creations, and since I own exactly zero pieces of purple clothing, I knew I’d have to go black and white. So I texted Noreen to let her know, and here we are. I’m so grateful for the gospel and the wonderful friends and ward family I love. 

On Monday morning, the very last day of the year, I finished President Nelson’s Book of Mormon challenge. It was so good. With our Route 66’ing I had fallen behind and was reading 15 pages a day there at the end, but I did it and I’m so glad I did. We were also challenged to mark anything that spoke of the Savior.  I was amazed at how much I marked! At first do even questioned if I was doing it right, until we talked about it in rs and everyone said the same thing. This amazing book is truly another testament of Jesus Christ. I love Him and and so grateful for Him, and for a living prophet on the earth today. I also looked for any time they mentioned “minister” or “ministering,” and will study that next. 

Around lunchtime I took the girls to Sarah’s to play. I stayed visiting with her way too long, partly because we haven’t caught up in a really long time and partly because I am really over painting. Yesterday’s project was basement baseboards in preparation for our new carpet that will now come next week. When Matt got home he jumped on shelf priming and it was yet another work party 2018. 

While at the Aina’s, Delaney Ray lost a tooth!

There was drama this morning when she bent her tooth too far forward and it was bloody, so i was worried there’d be drama at their house, but Sarah said they were able to cheer for her and any impending drama quickly disappeared. (and the tooth fairy remembered to come, so yay)

I finished all the baseboards but the stairs. Holla! It was just in time to quickly make some goodies and head over to Mc’s to party in the New Year! Sarah brought Loaded Questions and we had fun playing. 

Chris and Sarah came by to light off fireworks. Everyone but Frankie loved them. I stayed in with her with my hands over her ears until the very end when she finally agreed to go outside. 

The girls brought the school bus up and with 5 girls onboard and some impressive manuevering even managed a 3 point turn in the living room. 

We didn’t get to finish, but somehow Matt was in the lead at the end of the game. He was followed closely by me, sooo.  

Sillies. 

Delaney came up around 11:30 and was too tired to party anymore. She was also slightly disgruntled that i hadn’t brought lovey. Other than that, all the kids did great and were still ready to party! 

We did our best at a group picture after midnight. 

Always fun, never annoying. 

As good as it gets!

Laura has taught most of these girls primary classes at one point or another. They love her. And even better, she loves them!

We had to take a selfie!

I wasn’t sure where to look with Laura’s weird phone. 😂

So then the boys had to make fun of our selfies. #jelly

But they took a cute picture, so it’s fine i guess 

Lexi Lu and Cade brought in the new year at a friends and looks like they had almost as much fun as we did. 

2018 was a good year! Looking forward to 2019!

No comments: