Wednesday, December 26, 2018

The rest of Christmas 2018

Frankie and Matt worked for over an hour on Max’s gift to her - a crystal growing set. 🤦‍♀️ Amy’s lucky we don’t believe in revenge gifts. 

I was cutting French bread for stuffing and Addie asked for the leftover end of the loaf to munch as she read. 

Then we put on funny Vines and just laughed and laughed. 

I love these sweet family times! 💕

We went to an afternoon showing of Mary Poppins Returns and filled the Jolly Green (almost) full. 

Delaney came to me (very seriously) as I was getting ready and said that she just couldn’t change out of her jams because she’d pinky promised herself that she wouldn’t, and you never break a pinky promise, especially not one to yourself. How could I argue with that?

It was a cute movie but very long and we’d stayed up late Christmas Eve and so Matt, Bubba, Alexis, Laney, and I took turns snoozing for just a few minutes each. I have enjoyed this fun tradition we’ve done the last few years of going to the movies. 

We picked up our food and headed to the Mc’s for dinner. Aloseph together again!

Baby bug was still sleepy so she missed part of dinner.  

We ate yummy food and played some silly games and caught up. It was a fun dinner. 

One of my most endearing qualities (not) is that I’m crazy inconsistent with my cooking (and life?) and even though thanksgiving was probably the yummiest holiday meal I’ve ever made, Christmas was one of the worst. 🤷‍♀️ I’d made all the parts of the stuffing ahead of time (and in my new pot) so it went into the oven cold and I hadn’t accounted for that in the baking time, so it was not cooked through (and not delicious), my cheesecake was crazy lumpy and I’d put the topping on when it was too warm, and I think I put double the flour into my chocolate chip pie and it was a little hard. Some meals go that way I guess. what are you gonna do? Throw the stuffing back into the oven and deal with the pie situation is what. First world problems, fo sho. 

And that wraps up our wonderful little Christmas. 💕

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Life is good. Movies are good. Almost any home-made meal is good. And revenge gifts are always something to keep in mind . . . I'm jes sayin'