Monday, December 10, 2018

Snow day!

Sitting here enjoying the Christmas lights and the quiet. We would normally be bustling around getting ready for school, but it’s the first snow day of the year, hooray! Instead of visits and tutoring this morning, it’ll be hot chocolate and snowmen. Trading good things for good things, I’m pretty happy about it. 

Yesterday at church was our 2nd annual All Women’s Meeting. Kelly (Young Women’s Presidnent), Rachael (Primary President), and I each presented about a 12 minute lesson and then we each brought refreshments. It’s always so wonderful to get together. Yesterday there were lots of people missing, but it was still nice. I talked about lighthouses and sharing our lights and how that will look different for each of us, just like lighthouses have their distinct light pattern. It was fun to look through pictures, and I shared a slideshow. 

I also talked about Alma and mosiah and how hard they prayed when their sons were wreaking havoc. And then when the angel came to them and Alma the Younger was struck dumb and taken to his father, Alma the older didn’t quietly bring him in and lock the door, he called his people together to see and fast and pray with him. There is so much power in our combined prayers that I don’t think we always utilize. And i shared Elder Gong’s quote  about covenant belonging. And finally, some of Presidnent Nelson’s inspiring quotes about women. We got this. 

Snow started right as church started, so by the time we got everything cleaned up and left the church it was already pretty snowy. It was a slow but pretty drive home. 

I’m doing teacher scrapbook gift cards again. I’m working hard to stay on top of things, so I’ve got all the scrapbooks and page protectors bought and ready, and the girls finished their pages yesterday. They are SO impressively creative. 

Delaney’s Hot chocolate moustache yesterday matched Bubba’s. She did not love that comparison. 

Around 7pm we got the call that school was cancelled. Celebratory dance party!

Since we were able to stay up extra late, we finally decorated our Christmas tree that has been up for a few weeks. Last year I finally put all the pictures into all the girls picture ornaments, so they had fun pulling them out and looking at how cute they were. 


Chelsea made these beautiful ornaments to give to each of the sisters yesterday. It looked so pretty on our tree. 

Decorating fools. Oh ghetto tree, how I love you. Some lights work, some don’t. Sometimes I care, but mostly I don’t. One year I will fix it. Until then, ghetto tree lives on. 

Ta-da!



1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

Yay for snow days and ghetto trees!! I think that tree looks beautiful.

And Yay for Bubba 'Stashes . . . they're so good-looking every girl should have one!!

I would have liked to hear you speak about lighthouses. There's a rich reservoir of metaphors out there just waiting to be topically used.

Hooah!! Have fun!!

Goooooooooo, Army!! Beat Navy!! (For the fourth time next year!!)