Thursday, December 27, 2018

The in between

Seems there’s been a lot of essays and talk about the weird week between Christmas and New Years. Or maybe there’s always been lots of talk about it and i just never noticed it before.!It’s like we still want to celebrate, but one can’t really celebrate for a week straight. Especially after all the celebrating already done in December. It’s like part time celebrating for 4 weeks, then full time celebrating for 1 week. 

Delaney has been sick with tummy/head aches off and on 3 days in a row from eating junk (and irregularly at that) and sleeping weird hours. And she’s not the only one. It can be hard to be the baby of the family when momma feels like kids should be go getters enough to say “Hmm, I’m hungry and I’m going to make myself some lunch,” rather than just snack on junk and then feel sick.    

Anyways. Not really a complaint because I love time off and it’s still good, it’s just weird. We decided to go see a movie to curb the weirdness. 

Delaney’s gift from shopping with sissy was a giant makeup, nail polish, hair stuff, mirror kit. Since then she’s been obsessed with her mirror and has done her own hair several times. This is what she came up with today, complete with her new kicks. You can tell I’m older and more tired because this would have never flown with the bigs. 

We saw The Grinch and it was so delightful. I loved the animation and music and cute mini twist on the story. I love the movies and I’m easily pleased. 

💕

I sent this text to my sisters - “Delaney is like an eccentric old lady that did her own hair and decided this was the best costume for the day.” (“costume” is a Grey Garden reference, which incidentally I have never seen, but my sisters have and it sounds amazing)

Ma girls. 

We came home and D’s tummy hurt. I did a few visits (5 successes, 1 not) and made a delicious kale, ham, and potato soup. I had to tell the girls not to look at it because kale soup can look weird. I chopped and froze more kale and ham and I’m over being in the kitchen. 4 more days of 2018. 

1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Wow, the Holidays make you sooooo philosophical. Heavy, Man.

I love going to the movies to but I didn't care for Grinch. Glad you enjoyed it so much. I love the buttered popcorn! I can't lie . . . I would not enjoy the movie if I couldn't have a bucket of buttered popcorn all to myself. I think that really bugged Amy that I needed a bucket all by myself. Hahahaha, it's my thing. Plus a Giant DC with easy ice. Except here they just have Pepsi (Blech).

Wonderful picture of you and the girls. You should get it up on your wall. Your physical wall . . . in your living room.

Not to many more days of 'Holiday' and the D can get back to eating regular. But the Christmas Season is, traditionally, a time for pigging out. Mmmmmmmmmmm . . .