Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The chitlins

While I am thinking about it, a few thoughts on the kiddies. 

*someone asked me the other day if I was gonna miss Lexi when she leaves for college and I said something stupid like "well, I'll still have my hands full, soooo..." And then I immediately felt bad. I will miss Lexi. I'm sure I can't even comprehend it now because it's so far away and I've never had a child move out. But, at the same time, I'm so excited for her, and if all goes according to plan (oh please let all go according to plan) she will be going someplace really good. And that is even more exciting. So. I take back saying that I won't miss her. That's craziness. I am going on the record as saying that I am cautiously optimistic about her future. 

*christian is growing into such a little man. He's been so cute with his indoor track running, it's been really good for him. He's the teachers quorum president and has really stepped up to the duties required of him. He's my quiet (sometimes pouty) child, and i often wonder what's going on in his brain because he doesn't share as much as the girls, which is probably just on account of him being a boy. I've also noticed that he watches me closely, and when I'm frustrated he really tries to step up and help, especially with the little girls. He's doing really well driving and is super excited to get his license in September. 

*addie is becoming quite the little peace maker. When we have tense moments, (we've had a few lately) or if she has bad news to share, she'll say "mommy, (or daddy, sissy, bubba) remember, before you get mad, you have to smile, okay?" And then she'll drop the bomb. ("Frankie put stickers on her dream lite. Again. Remember to smile!") she is also quite the protector of her bubba and sissy. I often get a "mommy, be nice to Lexi," reprimand whenever lexi gets a reprimand. She's also big on saying "I need a kiss and a hug! Now mommy ad daddy, kiss and hug because you love each other." And it's not because we're fighting either, it's always just random. She wants to make people happy and yet she will still stand up for what she feels is right and fair. She's full of energy and fun and sugar and spice. It's so special to me to see her developing into this sweet little person. 

*frankie is so fun. And that fun girl doesn't sleep. She will stay up late and wake up early and just keep running! She's at a funny in between sizes stage - her 3's are too small and she swims in most of her 4's, so she looks kinda pretty funny in all of her jeans. She has learned how to aggravate laney and she loves to do it. She spent her last Sunday in nursery and is excited to be a big sunbeam next week!

*delaney and I have been best buddies since our trip. She's usually a daddy's girl, but she's having none of it lately. She's having none of anyone else lately and I have to say, I'm kind of enjoying it. (: she loves the movie frozen and wants to watch YouTube clips all day long. She sings and dances and it's super adorable. Since our trip she's been eating horribly, or I should say, not eating horribly. Sleep has been another challenge. But as I rocked my last little baby to sleep tonight, and every time I tried to sing to her she told me "noooo," I just soaked it in and loved on her. These are sweet days, these last few weeks before my baby turns 2 years old. 

Parenting is a challenge. We played apples to apples with the McCombs the other day and Laura won a green card from me for saying that parenting was shocking. It is. But it's wonderful too. Thank goodness the wonderful moments come, otherwise oh.my.goodness. 

No comments: