Monday, December 30, 2013

harvey's memorial

Thursday was spent getting things ready for Harvey's memorial.
everyone worked together and I think things came together really nicely.
they printed several pictures of our sweet baby boy and had them displayed along with ultrasound pictures and mementos.
bonnie's sister, felicity got this floral arrangement.
my mom bought this precious angel ornament for our sweet angel.
our family contributed to special lockets for Thomas and bonnie to keep some of Harvey's ashes always near them. bonnie's has Harvey's handprint on it. it was so nice that everyone came together to help make things special.
 
bonnie has a friend that makes urns.
they sent her a picture of what they wanted and she did an amazing job.
the sweet jams he wore and his hospital bracelets in the shadowbox.
wrapped around the urn is the blanket bonnie made for Harvey that they wrapped him in at the hospital.
these are things that Anthony had helped to pick out for Harvey along with some drawings he'd made.
aren't those just the sweetest little vans?! the heart necklace was in a packet I picked up from my neighbor who lost her baby to trisomy 13 a few years ago. I thought it was sweet that bonnie included that in his shadow box.
bonnie's baby shower invitation.
baby boys birth announcement and program for his memorial. his precious hand and footprints were included on both.
program.
alli and I mingling with bonnie's dad.
the message alli shared was really funny. she read a song from one of their favorite shows and tom/bon laughed. it was super sweet. :)
he did a really good job playing baby mine. it was really, really sweet.
this is one of my favorite pictures. it was a very emotional night. I love the way Anthony is looking at his mom. he loves her so much and he was so sad when she was sad. gah, pulls at my heart strings just looking at it. bonnie and tommy have done a really good job of being strong for each other and for Anthony.
this one was precious too. bonnie's brother went to give her a hug and she broke down. then their sister came and it was a sweet sibling moment. Harvey brought our families together and strengthened those bonds that can be stretched thin when people live so far apart. I'm very thankful for that.
and from those sweet pictures, let's talk food. it was interesting to see the way another church serves. for example, they served an egg nog punch. at first  I was like - 
egg nog punch? sounds delicious! punch is delicious, egg nog is delicious, so mix the two? deliciousness! 
sadly though, egg nog punch was not so delicious. it was egg nog and sprite, and I didn't like the combo.
it was so nice to visit after the memorial, we stayed for almost 2 hours talking, laughing, and crying.
 I think the church volunteers were ready to go. :) 
Melanie and lauri. or Kristi and lauri, whatever. ;)
and an alli  photo bomb!
it was a special memorial and I am so thankful I was able to be there.
Harvey is such a special boy and I know he felt as honored and loved as he is.

 

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

Tears! Oh that one pic of big brother looking at his mommy. :( so sweet. What a beautiful memorial.