Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas morning

I have not yet mastered the art of Christmas morning pictures (or any pictures really, but especially Christmas morning...) but here are a few. 
Little miss early riser (Frankie) came into our room very early and we had her climb into bed with us. Then daddy wanted to go downstairs with her, without the rest of us! Looks like Matt and I have different ideas about Christmas morning protocol. We'll need to figure that out before 2014. 
We got the girls just a few things, and of course the big kids. We opened all of out presents and then we were all excited to get the girls downstairs. We asked them what Santa had brought them and tried to get the to realize he hadn't brought them anything. 
So then we went to look around. They were so excited!
They got a fun indoor trampoline from Santa. I'm hoping this will help with some of their crazy winter energy!
We had a nice Christmas morning. Very low key, the kids played with toys, Lexi primped with her new curling iron and blow dryer (getting her ready for college, little by little!), and Chris retired to the basement to play his new video game. He doesn't play much, so I let him. When the girls took a nap, Lexi and I started on this 1000 piece puzzle Laura had given me. Then Matt came to help. And then both those yahoos deserted me. As nap time drew to a close, I had to throw in the towel. I'm gonna need some serious puzzle doers if I'm gonna get this done. 
Santa also brought us a giant Reese's peanut butter cup. He just couldn't resist
We ate stocking candy all morning and stayed in our jams all day. It was fabulous. (:

No comments: