Monday, December 9, 2013

Brrrr!

So cold! We had a 2 hour delay this morning for school, but even at 10 it was pretty chilly!

Matt and I woke up with a start at 5am when they decided on the delay. It would be lovely if they could do it the night before and spare us the early morning wake up call. Looks like tomorrow's gonna be another one, which I am very happy with. (:

This morning was a little tricky because it was my day to send the girls to Sarah's. Since I couldn't get back to sleep at 5, I got up and got busy, and then just stayed busy. And then I realized I needed to get the girls to Sarah's super fast, so then we ran around like mad chickens. Sometimes I wonder if I need that stress of rushing around? Or if I'm just a really developmentally challenged person that never learns. I really do hate rushing around, but then why do I do it so much? Deep thoughts.  

Addie was delighted to see when we got home from dropping the girls off that no one was in line yet! She hasn't been the line leader since grandpa asked our 3rd grade buddy to move it or lose it. (; happy girl!
Sarah said the girls did really well. I never doubted they would. In fact, I was so busy and into what I was doing that I never even checked in on them. When Sarah sent me this pic of laney cuddling with the giant unicorn I was like "oh yeah, I have 5 kids!" I wrapped all my presents, cleaned all my floors, and crossed lots off my weeks to do list. Very nice.
Laura asked if we'd like to join them for Josh's birthday dinner which was yummy. After singing happy birthday josh let Frankie lick all the candles. Then laney wanted to lick one, so he gave it to her and she promptly bit it. And then she chewed that candle up and swallowed it like it was her job. I wish she ate her dinner as well as she ate that candle.
Matt took the day off for the great thesis of 2013. He submitted a draft and talked to his teacher, so we're getting close!

Lexi worked her 5th shift at yo kool and it was really kool. Can I keep making that joke, or no? Probs not, it's just a silly name. On her way home from work she called me because she'd seen a lady drive into a ditch. Thankfully the police showed up just after she called me and all was well. Actually, all was kool. I know, it's too much. 

Chris drove us all around tonight. He's got probably 3 hours of wet road driving under his belt now, look out! He demanded to know who was a better driver, he or lex, but I swear I'll never tell. Lips are yo kool sealed. I.cant.stop.

When we got home we found this on our doorstep! 12 days of Christmas?! Awesome!!! We are sooooo lucky! and we are sooooo excited!
It's pretty much yo kool.

No comments: