Thursday, December 5, 2013

Introducing...

Rainbow Ellie Sparkle.

Yes, we've joined (extremely late) the elf on the shelf craze. I really didn't want to, but I found a good deal on it and, if there are 2 things I'm a sucker for it's good deals and holiday stuff. Heaven help me, if it had been personalized I would have bought 2.  
So Addie came up with 'rainbow,' then Chris liked 'rainbow sparkle,' but then Frankie really liked 'Ellie.' So we settled on rainbow Ellie sparkle, which all but Alexis was happy with. And since she didn't have any other ideas, thus our elfie was named. 

The good thing about starting a Christmas tradition a full year after everyone else is that you can just copy their ideas! Nice. 

Tomorrow is St. Nicholas' Day, so at 9pm I ran out to riteaid for supplies. I am just that on top of things. Oh well. 
Frankie had preschool today and learned about dinosaurs. She loves dinos and told me all about what they learned. Super cute. 
Matt took the day off to work on his thesis. He spent the whole day at the library. it's better that way, I don't have to keep anyone from bothering daddy. 

Alexis was a big helper. It's been tough having Matt gone so much, so it's been nice to be able to lean on big kids when they're not too busy. Addie had daisy scouts tonight at the yellow door art studio (heaven!) so after we picked Chris up, he was able to drive us over there. 

Delaney took some artsy pics with my phone. She also stripped naked no fewer than 5 times and made no less that 20 large messes. Girlfriend is like a tornado. But she is also in love with her cousin "baby har-vey" and ran around several times today saying "I see baby har-vey," on my phone. And how could I be mad at her after that?
More delaney art-iness. And Frankie cuteness. 
Another day. 

No comments: