Sunday, December 8, 2013

kids

on friday sarah and i had a good old fashioned kid swap day. we started off rocky (broken snow globe and sad ellie) but went up from there. just before lunchtime darlaina asked if ashby could come over and my philosophy is always the more the merrier. we actually had a really good day. lexi worked her second shift at yo kool and it was all kool.
on saturday morning it was sarah's turn to drive the big ballet girls, johnna had asked for frankie to come over because landon was in town, and chris had an eagle project to help with. so laney and i (i took pity on lexi and let her sleep) headed out to run errands. i will be flying to seattle on the 16th, so i have a week to get everything ready for my trip and for christmas. can i do it? the jury's still out.

we had a return to make at old navy so little miss spoiled got a balloon and had fun saying hi to the dog mannequin.
then we went to bath and body works (chris asked me to make an exchange) which she loved a little too much. when it was time to go she didn't want to. so then she cried through payless and part of hallmark. she was ok when i put her down at hallmark, but the ladies there are kinda grumpy grumps about littles that like to touch everything.

next up was target!
the popcorn kept her occupied for awhile.
i had lots of coupons and lots of things on my list. after she got bored with the popcorn she held onto a sofia doll for cousin quinn, ate some goldfish and played with paper, and then she asked for my phone. 

dun, dun, DUN!

i've let her play with my phone at stores before and it's been fine. if she ever drops anything (like a shoe) she flips out until its found and returned, she's a little ocd that way. so imagine my horror when i noticed that she was no longer holding my phone. and it was not in my cart. i quickly retraced steps and then asked an employee to call it for me. nothing! we walked around for about 10 minutes calling my phone the whole time and i was super stressed. i have a lot to get done this week and without my phone i don't know how i'll do it! or to have to go get a new phone, just ugh. my calendar, all my lists and notes, the ability to text my children, husband, etc, i know i am very dependent on my phone, for better or worse.

the girl walking around with me was very sweet and when the service desk wouldn't answer her walkie talkie question she suggested we walk over. on our way she told me all about how she thought she'd lost her ipod last week but it was really in the glove compartment of her car. she was sweet and trying to tell me it would be okay. i was sooo relieved when we got there and the girls there pulled out my cute pink phone! i thought for sure it was gone. i am so thankful that there are still good and honest people out there. this whole experience with baby harvey has shown so much of the good in people. i feel like i'm peripheral to the tragedy and yet i have been the recipient of so much good and so many blessings.

this little sweetie is lucky i found my phone too.
this chic!
meanwhile...
these two are so cute. :)
wouldn't it just be adorbs if they really did get married? and we had all these cute pics of them together? love it.
he's so cool.
they walked around the pet store in l-town. i had texted johnna when we left target and she told me they were at the pet store, but i thought they were at petco, so delaney and i walked around there for a few minutes. these kids are wearing me down and i feel my anti-pet resolve slowly slipping away...
i finally met them at the right pet store and frankie, laney and i headed home. d had just fallen asleep in the car but then woke up when we got home. frankie made herself a little bed and fell asleep for about 5 minutes. they were kinda crabby.
next up: navy christmas party!

No comments: