Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sunday

Delaney and I were scheduled to fly out on Sunday at 2:30. Which means we needed to be to the airport by 12 since it was so busy. Tom/Bon came over in the morning to say goodbye. I am so proud of them and the way they have handled everything. They have really impressed me so much. 

Alli went to meet up with a friend, so amy, mom, and dad took me to the airport and I made them come in with me. Papa took laney to play on the escalators while the girls waited in the 30+ minute southwest line. 

This was delaney on the way to the airport. Soooo tired....
And then 5 minutes before we arrived... Oh well, she'll sleep on the plane, I figured. 
As we waited in our forever line, I started to wonder if our flight might be overbooked and if I might be able to earn a nice airline credit. The agent that checked us in said they were oversold by one person. My wheels were turnin fast, so I called Matt and got the green light and then my dad got us through the easy line for security (thank you tsa friends!) and I was the first one to volunteer to give up my seat. Then we had to wait an hour and a half till they boarded the flight just to be sure they needed my seat still. Selfie time with the babes!
They boarded everyone and needed my seat after all! so I got a credit for the cost of my flight home (which was the most expensive plane ticket I'd ever bought) plus $300! That should get a certain college student out to school and home a few times! Papa came back to pick us up and we were set to stay another night in Seattle!
We visited Tom at ikea and hung out at our apartment. Sunday was Bonnie's day to spend with her family, so it was kind of a quiet day for us. Which was fine, we enjoyed spending the time together. And Addie sent her first text! She is getting so big!
Mom and dad left around 8 and after we put laney to bed, Amy and I took a drive through the highlands to see she and Teresa's old house and our old apartment (aunts alli took a long and late nap). It's so fun to stroll down memory lane. We stayed up way too late talking and eating again, and that was my bonus day in Seattle. (:

No comments: