Thursday, December 26, 2013

Sarah's cupcakes

Tuesday was the day of Sarah's big gender reveal and we were so excited! Addie helped me make the cupcakes. (:
I had done some research on the way to make the cupcakes and the best way to fill them. I wanted to fill them with a yummy filling, but in the interest of time, I ended up using frosting. We filled, and tested, filled, and tested. 
I had to make sure there would be no doubt when they bit into each cupcake! I had fun experimenting. (:
Not as cute as I wanted them to be. My buttercream frosting separated! I have never had that happen before, go figure. I thought I had saved it by chilling it and adding more powdered sugar, so I used it, but then sure enough, it started to look separated again. Darnit. 
We tried to get tony to agree to eat the cupcakes at our house but he was having none of it. Darnit again! Sarah sent me a video that night of their big family reveal. Tony played "lonely" when he found out he was having his third daughter. Poor guy, Matt can relate!
I had fun being one of the secret keepers. I actually was very honored to be trusted, and despite some nasty rumors to the contrary (; I kept the secret the whole time. so if anyone else needs a secret keeper gender reveal cupcake maker, I'm your girl! 

1 comment:

The Ainas said...

Thanks again for doing that for me! It was really a lot of fun! WAY better then finding out from the ultrasound tech! You can do it for the next kid too if we don't have a total surprise (which will be hard to convince Tony of since it is another girl) ;)