Thursday, January 19, 2023

Updates

We went to the movies on Monday. I love going to the movies and hadn’t been since August. It was fun and the popcorn was delicious. Adi stayed home to enjoy a quiet house. Alli stayed the night again Monday and it was nice to spend a few days with her. 

On Tuesday I drove up to Calvert and met with their 2 Relief  Society presidents. Both were wonderful ministering opportunities and I came home happy and accomplished. 

I had my annual lady doctor visit Wednesday and then a ministering visit with Tracie. We ju jitsu’d and I dropped girls off at church. Matt’s been working the late shift, so he met them there when he did primary activities with the boys. 

Today I had a ministering visit with the LP RSP, and she lives right by St. Mary’s college. So I brought my running gear and ran along the trails down there. It was an awesome run, even though I got rained on. 

Tonight Adi and I went to the Tech Center Open House. Adi has been so excited for this. She has done a ton of research and attended Google Meets for several different programs. The 2 she decided to check into are Hospitality and Tourism and Natural Resource Management. She’d love to be a flight attendant and also do something with weather, water, and/or safety. They both look like really great programs with lots of hands on learning and field trips. She will apply to both, so now just to figure out which to request first and which to list second. 

Work has been stressful for Matt, so that stinks. It’s hard when someone you love comes home frustrated everyday. 

Adi is rocking her first year of high school. She’s doing well in all her classes and most of them (who cares about math anyway?) are advanced. She received her Patriarchal Blessing in the mail and was so excited. 

Frankie is learning to be YW class president. She is very different than Adi, so it’s a lot (a lot) of leading her and reminding her that Sister Logan loves her and it doesn’t really matter how you word texts. This is stretching her and that is good and also hard. 

Delaney has her first strings concert next week, so for the first time, maybe ever, she brought her violin home and practiced it. She’s super into the Keeper of the Lost Cities series so she’s reading all the time. 

Christian killed a work test today, so he’ll be applying for a different job soon. So proud of him. He and Jeanne are working on decorating their apartment this weekend. 

And Lexi-Lu and the boys are managing life on the tundra. Emmett learned to write his name and Carter says new words every day. 

And that leaves me. I’m loving my resolutions. I do so well with a goal and a schedule. I’m focused and determined and it feels good. 

Also, I’ve been dreading this week. I can tell my body has been feeling anxious and I’ve been counting down the days. 2 days ago was the day Carter went to the hospital last year, and the start of such a hard season. When I wrote  in my 5 years at a glance journal on Tuesday I decided to feel all my feelings and I went back and read and cried and remembered. I looked back at my blog and old texts. It still doesn’t seem real that my mom is gone. Lexi sent this and we talked about the tough memories. 

I hadn’t realized until I started writing this that I spent this week I’ve been dreading doing ministering visits and working on Women’s Conference and goals. There couldn’t be a better way to spend a tough few days. Heavenly Father is so mindful of me and leads me along, even when I’m not aware. I could never doubt Him and His love and the power I’ve felt this year. 

No comments: