Wednesday, January 25, 2023

January’ing

We had the best weekend! On Friday Matt was home. He wasn’t supposed to be, but then he wasn’t put on the schedule, so he was. His new job (same company) puts out the next days schedule each new day. It’s an odd system. 

Sarah and i walked that afternoon and i helped out at Duke. We took the girls to ju jitsu and grocery shopped for the weekend. 

Matt and I left around 9:00 Saturday morning. We talked about how wonderful it is that we can leave our girls home for the day and how different life looked just a few years ago. 

First stop, the stake center for a ministering visit with the Capitol relief society president. Matt went for a walk. ViAnn is wonderful and I always love visiting with her.  

Then we drove to the temple. Matt worshipped inside the temple while I attended a stake relief society president lunch with Carolee Scowcroft from the General Relief Society Council. All 15 stakes from our Coordinating Council were there. It was so wonderful to be with these ladies and counsel together and share ideas. 

We’ve got each others emails and a plan to request quarterly meetings together. I’ve got so many ideas and I can’t wait to put them in to action. 

After lunch I walked over and met Matt at the temple and we did a session together. It’s been awhile since we’ve been able to go together. 

After that we shared one of the extra RS lunches that were leftover, since we didn’t have time to stop for dinner. We drove back to the stake center for the adult session of stake conference, which was fabulous as always. My counselor, Amber, spoke and she was wonderful. After conference we invited Pax ward members that we saw to come to Baskin Robbins with us, which has kind of become a tradition. The Callihan’s came and we teased Tracie that she would be fully dressed with shoes on while she watched stake conference, (she always wears shoes) so Sunday morning she sent me a pic of her pajama clad legs and shoeless feet. I sent her mine too, because I was so proud of her. 

I had a Zoom ministering visit with the DC Branch RSP (since she lives all the way up by the Pennsylvania border), and then we cooked and prepared for dinner. Aina’s and Darrow’s came for lasagna and games at 4:00 and we didn’t take a single picture. 🫤 after dinner we played Skull King and had chocolate lasagna, which I was excited to try and was just a little better than ok. It’s been a long time since we hosted and it was such a great night. 

My final Sunday activity was a presidency meeting. At Stake Conference chelsea was released and Denise called as our new secretary and while I’m excited to work with her, I’m so sad to not have chelsea anymore. We both felt it was the right thing, but also I’ve had her by my side through 2 presidencies and close to 5 years. I know she’ll be a blessing to our ward, and we’ll just have to be more intentional about spending time together. Although we’ve been trying to get with Sarah G. for over a month and we don’t have a good evening for another month, so idk when that will happen. So ridiculous. 🙄

Monday was piano and ju jitsu and home evening, and finally, a girls night at Sarah’s. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to one and it was fun. I stayed longer than I should have, but we were playing Loaded Questions and laughing at each other and it’s always hard to leave a fun time. 

On Thursday we had gotten Ding Dong Ditched with a full Home Evening lesson attached, so that was our home evening last night. 

We looked up scriptures to solve a word puzzle. We each read our scriptures out loud as we read and it was a sweet evening. 

Matt went into work late today, then worked till after 8pm. The good news is that I now have a toilet paper holder in our bathroom! I’ve been having to lean back and grab the roll off the shelf since we painted our master bath, several years ago. Yay!

Adi made a big pot of lentil soup for dinner, so that was delicious and wonderful. 

We FaceTimed Christian and their new kitty, Dorothy. I had to grab a pic of that hair, it’s so wild! And his wife cuts hair for a living! 🤦‍♀️ 

I snatched this one from Sarah’s blog. One day after church (maybe last week) they took our girls, and Savannah home. They enjoyed ramen and quiet time. 

Women’s conference planning is coming along nicely. And January keeps on january’ing, so it’s another rainy and gray day. 👎🏼


No comments: