Monday, January 16, 2023

Weekend happenings

Alecia and I grabbed a quick selfie at the temple on Thursday. 💕

I went for a long run Saturday morning and it totally snowed the whole time. I got several flakes in my eyes. 😂 I tried to get some as they landed on my black sweater, but no luck. That was such a good run though. I do the Jeff Galloway method of running and walking, and I felt strong and ran through several of my walk cycles. I am not fast, it’s just important to me that I’m moving, but I ran 5 eleven and a half minute miles. Which is fast for me. 🤗

We went to Brandon’s baptism on Saturday. I was thinking all morning it was at 2, so I ran and was helping Frankie with her presidency meeting agendas and finding missing presidency Drive documents, and I decided to double check the time and saw it actually started at 1. So then we kicked it into gear and managed to be there right on time. That was the first time I saw the adorable primary display. Matt had been Delaney’s teacher for the last 2 years and now he’ll have the Valiant 9’s. He’s such a good teacher!

Sarah grabbed this picture of the bigs. After, adi and Frankie went to Aina’s for awhile. 

Frey made family calendars this year and also sent a nice birthday card for a baby bug. Birthdays are so exciting!

Matt and I dropped Adi off to babysit and ran some errands. I prepared for Sunday as I waited up for Adi till almost 1. 

I had virtual Stake Council at 7:00 Sunday morning. It’s always a worthwhile meeting. We’re switching to in-person every other month this year, which will also be nice as I prefer an in-person meeting to Zoom. 

I was able to go to Sacrament meeting with the family, and then after Matt and I went to the Spanish Branch where he’d been asked to speak. Last time I spoke there I asked the HC’s if I could bring my own interpreter next time and they said an enthusiastic yes and also would he be willing to speak. Our sweet Branch is so teeny tiny, we love to help them any way we can!

We picked the girls up from Sarah, who is always so willing to bring them home and we’re so grateful! We watched Limitless, where Chris Hemsworrh fasted for 4 days and at the end deciders he’ll fast once a month for 24 hours, so he’s basically a member of our church. We watched as a family while Adi made biscuits to go with dinner. By the way, she has been looking for a recipe that wouldn’t require her to grate frozen butter, but the biscuit community says it’s a must. I love our 80-year-old 14-year-old with her Werthers Originals, Lemon Drops, and shawls. She’s the best!

I published all my old blogs while we watched and now I have this: 🎉 

Matt and I went for a walk and then made dinner together. Bubba and Jeanne came over and we visited while we cooked. Alli was able to get off early and we had white chicken chili, salad, and Adi’s biscuits. Then I made one of bubba’s old favorites Sissi’s Southern Banana Pudding. 

We played Skipbo, Throw throw burrito, Chameleon, and Skull King. It was so fun to spend time together!

😍

I made him take his banner. I’m sure he’ll treasure it always. 😂

Frankie sweet talked jeanne into cutting bangs for her and in exchange we made her play Skull King. 

Alli and I stayed up talking till after midnight which is very unlike her because she’s always early to bed, but she hasn’t come down in forever, so it was nice. And we’ve got a day off from school and we can do fun things like that. 🤗

No comments: