Friday, January 6, 2023

Leonardtown

All amazing trips must come to an end, and then there’s this:

Everyone slept well and woke up easily. All but Adi woke up on our own. I tackled this mountain of laundry and conquered. All. Done. I also closed all my rings and the only real exercise I did was to walk to collect the mail that had piled up for almost 3 weeks. 

A few tears as I went through the large pile of mail. So many Christmas cards though, so that was fun. 

Mountains of trip receipts. 

Frankie had an orthodontist appointment, which was good because she’d lost a bracket. We combined trips since we needed to return the rental and buy groceries. 

Easy squeezey dinner of grilled cheese and tomato bisque soup. It’s one of our families favorites and perfect way to ease back into actually having to cook and clean again. 

I also came home to some sweet surprises like this one from Jackie. 

And these from Christian. He brought something for everyone, but the coolest was rocks from the Dead Sea and the River Jordan. ♥️

Also a sweet surprise from Joni, who I’m so bummed I missed again!

We all managed to stay awake till 9 and then the whole crew headed to bed. It feels like we are killing this jet lag thing, although I did wake up at 3:30am and have not fallen back to sleep yet. 

Todays got another list of just back into town things and hopefully we can make it to tonight again! Also Amy sent this fun shot. You know us, we’re never not ballin’. 😂