Tuesday, January 10, 2023

January’s

We’ve been home for almost a week and we’re settling back in. Matt and I both “slept in” till 5:00 this morning, which is wonderful since we get up at 5:25 anyway, and we’ve been waking up at 3:30am like clockwork. 

I made my first Jen Hatmaker new cookbook recipe - a blueberry almond French toast bake. It got better as it sat and we all rated it 7/10. 

On Saturday Matt and I got to take these 3 girls - these girls that met before they could walk, to a lunch date at Panera. They exchanged Christmas gifts and then walked over to Ross to try on dresses and be silly. 

They picked outfits for each either and modeled them. 

They picked the fanciest of dresses for themselves. 

And walked the runway. I’m sure the employees hated them, but I’m so glad they got to have a fun and silly time. That night they went to the stake dinner and dance and it was a fabulous Adi day from start to finish. 

We FaceTimed Lu and Carter still loves to hold the phone. So we talked to him like this and I just love that goofy mug. He’s getting so bit and Lexi says he’s a sassy little guy. 

I went to the Capitol Ward on Sunday and it was lovely. I came home and it was time to leave for Adi to receive her Patriarchal blessing. She came to us several months ago and asked us to fast and pray with her to see if she was ready. She studied it out and we read ours together. She knew she was ready. It was such a beautiful experience. It was not short, but after she said she wished he would have kept going. She has already acted on some of the blessing and cannot wait to receive her printed copy in 7-10 days. 

We came home, heated up leftovers for dinner, and finally dug into my from scratch King Cake that I started on Epiphany and then realized needed to rise overnight, so i finished it Saturday, but then adi was gone all day so we finally cut into it after dinner Sunday. Matt will be the lucky one this. Delaney and I are convinced we’ll never find the baby! After dinner everyone but Delaney headed to the church for a fireside. We talked about the Children and Youth program and it’s always uplifting to share ideas with like minds. It was a busy Sunday! So much driving and sitting that I only got around 3,000 steps. 👎🏼 

Monday = MakerSpace and my first group had a friend! We took a silly shot first and then she asked if we could take a normal one too, so I obliged. She was a cute little maker. 

Delaney was our only 5th grader. I told her she didn’t have to stay, but she wanted to. 💕

I’m in my last few months of having an elementary schooler and it feels weird weird weird. All I can do is appreciate the time we still have. 😢 

Matt brought the girls piano recital posters in from his trunk, so before recycling them I grabbed a pic. 

They all worked hard on them but none of them won anything. That’s always a bummer, but not winning builds character. 

Emmett writes his name! And I love the beginning to draw person that’s just a circle with stick arms and legs. It’s the sweetest. 

One of my resolutions is to make dinner at least 4 nights a week, which I mostly usually do, but I can easily go through patches of busyness or non-planning and find us eating convenience foods every night. Tonight I made Change your Life Chicken, but instead of boneless, skinless breasts I used the thighs the recipe actually calls for and it was better, even though the girls (and now me, honestly) don’t like bones. 

I attended a Zoom Humanitarian meeting tonight and it was actually really good. The 5 stakes in our coordinating council did 12 humanitarian projects last year, and we’ve been asked to double that this year. Nola and Pres Cheney and Mike and I were all texting about the suggestions and how we can work together to fulfill that goal. It’s so good and we’re all so willing, it’s just one of those hard things that takes time and innovation and participation. We’ll get there, and along the way we’ll just expect lots of miracles, right?

No comments: