Friday, January 27, 2023

Everywhere, like, such as*

*I showed the girls the best beauty pageant clip ever (circa 2010) and we’ve been laughing ever since 

Our days have been busy so I’ve been running in the space between Frankie leaving and Delaney waking up - 6:45-7:30. It’s such a pretty time to run as the sun is rising. It’s cold, but I’ve got my cold running gear all set and it doesn’t bother me at all. 

Sister Johnson shared this image and it’s so beautiful. I’m a sucker for women’s art lately. 

Along with old blogs posts, I’ve also been cleaning out old pictures, so after dinner one night we all watched clips I’d screenshotted that people recommended or I thought looked cool. Among them - a 10 minute video about changing habits, this science one about where the ball would roll, and Emily’s Wonder Lab - a science show headlined by a lady, who also happens to be 9-months pregnant. They were all worthwhile watches. 

D and I went for a date Wednesday. After we dropped the girls at YW (we missed ju jitsu because dinner was ready too late) we did some birthday party shopping and then she chose Coldstone for dessert. This smart girl is one of my favorite people. She has good ideas and smart observations. She is confident and mostly kind. She can be a tough cookie, but is so tender also. We talked about goals and her birthday and how grandma Ray talked her head off in heaven and that’s why she was born 10 days late. Every year starting on January 19th I start reminding her that she could be celebrating her birthday that very day. But no. 

Adi woke up Thursday morning with a sore throat. Matt woke her up and they decided she could go back to sleep. I probably would have encouraged her to go to school, but she has good grades and it’s always nice to stay home every once in awhile. Alecia and I went to the temple, so she was home alone and she sent this to Matt and I. Chicken noodle soup for the “sick child.”

The temple is closing for a 2 week cleaning, so it was nice to go. That makes 3 times for me for January which is a huge blessing. Alecia and I talked about life and then all of my stream of consciousness ramblings. Dear friends are also a huge blessing and I love our temple days. 

We got back, I changed and grabbed a snack and we were off to the dentist for our cleanings. No cavities all around! This might be my longest ever streak, although I do have an old filling that will need to be redone soon. We hustled out of there and went to dollar tree for party goodies, Chicfila for dinner, and Aldi for real party food. We dropped Adi and Delaney at the school and Frankie and I ran home to unload groceries, then back to the school for D’s first strings concert. 

Unfortunately Matt had to work late. Fortunately, all the kids did well and it was short and sweet. 

Also, the day before we left for Europe, the Silver Bullet hit a milestone. 

!!!

Little did I know when, as a single lady in Seattle back in 2005 that I’d be driving this cutie in Maryland with my husband and 3 more kids. What a life. That was the summer after I’d finished my Masters and I’d just accepted a job teaching kindergarten at Martin Sortune in Kent. I was driving my ‘96 Buick Skylark and she died. Somehow by the time the tow truck came to pick her up she had 2 flat tires (still a mystery) and I was done. That first car of mine had always been a bit of a lemon. I’d had to replace the brakes several times, and even as a younger lady I wasn’t too crazy of a driver. Anyways. The Silver Bullet still drives well and gets good gas mileage and has never left us stranded or needed any huge repairs and we have no plans to replace her anytime soon. 

We went to the dentist and I loved how intently Santa Lanes was listening to Miss Claudia. Oh this myobrace journey. 🙄

That night was Delaney’s chorus concert. We probably would have left for Europe that day, but D really wanted to sing in her concert so we stayed. 

We grabbed some pictures after. 

The silliest of silly shots. 

And the crew. That night we came home and finished packing and were off to Europe the next day. Fun December memories. 




No comments: