Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy new year

New year, new resolutions! I love me some New Years resolutions. Always have, always will. I am always becoming, so I’m all about those goals. And checklists. And planning. And clean slates. Basically, I love it. And I don’t care who thinks it’s lame.

Aaaaand this is the year I turn 40, what, what? I don’t know why this excited me, but it does. I’m fully embracing it and looking forward to it. Bring it, 40! My 30’s have been good to me. 2 beautiful baby girls (snuck Addie in just before my 30th bday), 2 moves, lots and lots of life lived, but let’s bring on the 40’s, they’re the new 30’s after all. 

This morning we had a family vote to have a pajama day (Addie led the charge) and pajama day we did have. 

We watched 2 movies - The Lorax and Polar Express, ate leftover turkey and collard greens ($$$), made hot cocoa and Caesar salad, did tutoring, took showers, picked outfits for the week, read books, washed water bottles, and wrote resolutions. Aaaaand, I was cool as a cucumber all day. Easy breezy, that’s me in 2018. And with 1 day of success under ma belt, the outlook is prett-y good. 

Since Bubba will be home tomorrow (he was out with friends today) we’ll do our fhe and new family theme tomorrow. I’m super excited about it! 2018 is gonna rock. 

Frankie and I akeardky rocked our first day of A second a day photo journaling. 

Evidence of our hot cocoa’ing. 

Last night was a sweet nye. We went to mc’s with ainas, streeters, reinwands, and another friend of Laura’s. We all brought appetizers and played some fun games. 

This Streeter sack is going to be so missed! The are leaving in 11 days and I’m kind of beside myself. LG is going to be so different. All my precious friends have left me and I just can’t even. 

I am a competitive gamer. And volume helps my brain. The higher my volume, the quicker my brain. I just can’t help it. The gaming resulted in some amazing candids. We didn’t know what Bubba was doing. But we were making some ah-mazing faces. 

And then this gem. That’s me in my zone, bellowing an answer as loud as I can. Oh my. I’ve come to realize that in 90% of candid shots of me I either have resting B face or I’m a total spaz. Not a lot in between. 

The bishopric shared the ward theme and goal with the ward for the combined 3rd hour on Sunday. Moroni 10:32 - Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him. It’s a good one and we’ve got a good plan. 

Working backwards, (since I’m only like, 12 months, give or take behind) Saturday night we went to Jessica Lyon’s reception. These cute girls loved hanging out and playing. 
On Friday matt and I were able to go to the temple to see their sealing. Happy moments. 
After the sealing we all went to Mrs. K’s Tollhouse, which was so cute and full of charm and personality. Matt and I picked up the greenery, flowers, and centerpieces early that morning, so we were there before any other guests, and after all the guests. We had thought about doing a session ourselves after, but it was so late by that time that we gave up that idea. 

Sarah texted on our way home that we should have a date. I had taken a mini nap, so when I woke up we were almost to her house. We took her up on her generous offer and headed to Sandgates Inn for some appetizers right on the water. It would have been even more lovely if it wasn’t 15 degrees. 
That’s my 10 photo a blog limit. At least until I switch over to Wordpress. Here’s to more blogging. It’s a resolution, after all. 

No comments: