Saturday, January 6, 2018

A few more snow days

Friday was another snow day. We looove snow days. We had pretty much a repeat of the day before, only with crazier kids. 🙄

Because d missed Daisey’s on Wednesday, amy brought a blanket for her to tie off for dogs at the animal shelter. Roslyn helped her. And also, d takes the most natural pictures. 

Lunch with all the la-dies! Grilled cheese and vegetable soup for the win.  

The backyard had gotten boring by day 2, so they moved out front. 

That night Addie and I went to Target and then Aubrey and Chase’s open house. I didn’t take any pictures, but it was fun to see Jodie and Wade, and to visit. 

I dropped Addie off and 5 minutes later Darlaina picked me up for Pitch Perfect 3 at 10:15. It was silly and fun and the popcorn was delicious. And it was probably my last time for movies with Darlaina my movie buddy, so..: 😔

Today is a Navy day. As so often happens, we needed a daddy home. We woke up to 61 degrees downstairs and found our downstairs heater wasn’t working because the tube that drains the condensate pump was frozen. I sos’d Dan and Dixie and they came over 10 minutes later. We have awesome neighbors and friends. They drained the water, something we’re apparently gonna have to do every 6 hours or so - fun! Home ownership is awesome! It’s like no ones ever heard of single digit temperatures before. 

It’s been perfect timing for snow days. We’re painting in T-minus-6 days and walls are clear. I’ve already gotten rid of more than my 40 things I had made a goal for (resolutions, yo!). Maybe we’ll do 40 a month? Idk, but I am loving dejunking and I’m giving myself permission to not put the same old stuff back after the walls are done. Fresh start! 

The computer desk has been emptied, even my catch all basket. Curtain holders have been unscrewed. Paint and drop cloths are getting prepped. #soexcited

Today brought more snow fun, baths, Faith in God with Ads, prep for our 1st RS Council tomorrow, and subs for dinner. Good day. And d and I finished her cute blanket. 😍

Tonigh we’re watching an old hockey classic Miracle while we eat popcorn and the girls work on Delaney’s invitations for her spa/pizza party. Full time fancy up in here. 

In the organizing bonanza I came upon this precious picture of baby Lu. #imakebaldbabies #alwayslovedbows