Saturday, January 27, 2018

Day to play

It was 60 degrees today and daddy went up to dc with the Scouts. So I texted Joni and Sarah because I knew those daddy’s were at work and out of town to see if they’d like a park date. I was pretty sure if I didn’t have a plan with friends I’d be tempted to have a lazy day. 

Thankfully friends were game and we met at Dorsey for a day’o’play. I tried many times to get a cool profile pic of Delaney in this shadowy part of the slide. 

This cute baby bug had so much fun!

She gave me instructions - follow me! Come up here! Stand there! I’m only too happy to oblige this precious baby!

I could kiss on this goofy ness all day!

As the girls climbed and played we noticed that ellie and Delaney needed some longer shirts. They thought they were hilarious with their bellies hanging out for all to see!

And then they pretty much made out, but in their cute 5-year-old way. They were hot/cold the whole afternoon, so we were just glad they weren’t fighting anymore. 

Big sisters are pretty hilarious too! The girls wanted a picture with their shirts down straight. 

😍

We played from just before 11-4! It was windy and the wind was cold, but otherwise it was so nice! Such a reprieve from the cold! The kids wanted to do the .4 mile hike and we promised them to do it before we left. 

It was a cute little bike that I’d never done, so I guess it was time after 8 years and 9 months here. 

Ellie came up to me and wanted to hold hands. It’s pretty cool loving on friends kids, and having them be old enough that they love on back. Maybe I do like older kids? Ellie was so sweet, and so was Adam, who has also usually been a mommas boy and standoffish with other adults. These independent kids are pretty fun!

We came home and did our Saturday stuff. Then we watched Descendants for our movie night. ‘Twas a great day. 💕

No comments: