Friday, January 19, 2018

Today and Christmas Day!

Operation put home back together is moving along, thanks mostly to matt. We’ve put blinds back and put the couch back where it goes, and it’s starting to feel more like a home. Our key holder made me chuckle when I put it back up. We’re missing one almost 6-year-old, which tells me this hasn’t been a thought for over 6 years. Might be time?

I made a delicious panang chicken curry with coconut rice and sweet carrots for dinner. I’ve been on a curry kick, partly because jen hatmaker is a fan and shared some yummy recipes, partly because I have 2 containers of curry powder (for some weird reason), and partly because I love curry too. We had to eat and then run to Brownies, and then Matt and I passed on his way in and mine out, so he shared this of him enjoying the deliciousness. 

Also today i had a good visit with Alecia and then all the regular everyday stuff. 

And on to Christmas Day! Working my way backwards sloooowly! For Christmas dinner we served with the WARM program - Wrapping Arms Round Many - which serves homeless people in our community. I have been looking for opportunities to serve with my kids, and this was perfect. 

Chris bought a ham and stuffed it at Crabknockers and it was a hit! We also made a bunch of collard greens and Mac and cheese. Other ward members donated the rest of the fixings for a lovely Christmas spread. Martines served with us, so in the serving line was Eric, Jeffrey, Ellie, colleen, and Bubba serving up his special ham. 

This boy was so helpful. He jumped right in and worked so hard. Love him!

We prepped dinner, served, and then ate with the guests. The kids followed their strict instructions to stay close to an adult, and so they mingled too. It was a lovely and delicious dinner, and everyone was so gracious and grateful. 

From there we cleaned up and went over to the hall where they sleep. It was at Camp Maria and I had never been there and didn’t know what to expect. They said we could play games, do puzzles, and visit with them. The VA Ray’s had met us there for dinner so they came over and visited there with us. Chris ended up taking Martines kids home, and about an hour after that I brought our kids home. It was a wonderful end to a pretty darn good Christmas Day. 

The Finlayson kids all had matching jams too. Lex had a fun first married Christmas with her wonderful in laws in Oregon. We missed her though!

I got my 3 boys this fun beanie with a flashlight. They all LOVE matching, so I do what I can. 

Got the boy this fun Old Bay cap. 

Auntie Amy sent the girls some fun books. 

And of course the gum they all asked Santa for. 

After presents but before dinner serving we went to see Jumanji with McCombs. It was SO good! I loved it! Fav movie of the year, fo sho! Everyone’s talking about Gretest Showman and I’m all like, but what about the Jumanji remake? I do realize that probably says something about my entertainment maturity level, but if loving Jumanji is wrong, I don’t wanna be right. 

No comments: