Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snow day

Christian is officially moved into El casa de Finlayson as of winter semester. He lived with them for about 75% of last semester too, and although there were times when their boyish ways annoyed her, like when they loved both TVs into the living room to game, it seemed to go pretty smoothly. And with Cade leaving for basic training next month, it sounds like perfect timing for everyone to save a few $. Lu sent me this pic of Christians welcome home. Aside from the “loser” part, it’s pretty sweet. 

We had our first snow day today, hooray! It was cold, and the snow was nice. Because it was so cold that it wasn’t slushy, at least that’s what I was told from the warm confines of the house. In my 40th year I am accepting myself, which means accepting that I am not a play in the snow kinda mom. Play at the beach, all day, er’ry day, but the snow, not as much. Probably partly due to the fact that I don’t have proper snow gear, but also, I just like to enjoy snow from inside. And I’m not a lazy snow enjoyer either, I always make yummy food and have hot chocolate at the ready. 

Check out the snow attached to her zipper pull - it was so cold!

We had Ashby and Alva over to play for the day to give Darlaina time to prepare for their move next week. I just can’t even. I’m so sad and in such denial about it. LG was once a thriving metropolis of lds families and now our Mormon parades are gonna be Ray - party of 1 family. It’s. So. Sad. 

D’s face upon coming in from the snow was completely red except where her goggles covered. 

I cleaned out the pantry and made a yummy chicken noodle soup and rolls for lunch. 5 hungry girls and the hungry mom and dad had a lovely lunch. 

Registrations for the 7th annual LG 5K have started, and they posted a video of past years and this cute family with their very full hands made the video. I look at this picture and I’m not quite sure how we did it. It was so hard! Hard and wonderful, but we’re  happy to be where we are. 

5 cute waves. 

Roslyn came over for some snow fun. She brought cookies so we made more cocoa!

This hard working chic is still working hard. Tutoring even on snow days, we go big. 

And in the spirit of cleaning out (full steam ahead!) matt burnt some frankincense circa 1990. It was a smoky mess, but interesting and it made him happy. I had never put the 2, frankincense and incense together, so that was enlightening to me. It was such a lovely snow day today and I am thrilled to have another tomorrow. 🤗

1 comment:

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack said...

The apple does not fall far from the tree. I, too, am a stay-inside-and-look-out-at-the-snow kinda guy. I think it is beautiful and wonderful...from a distance separated by warm, sturdy walls and a thick-plated glass window.

There's something to be said for she who sits and makes the hot chocolate.

Love. The. Blog!!