Wednesday, January 17, 2018

2 hour delay

This morning we got the coveted 2-hour-delay. I was hoping it would be extended to a full day off, but alas. I made pancakes and had the girls pack their own lunches and that’s all she wrote, it was time for school. Dropped them off and then went to Colleen’s. She’s my new compassionate service leader and I’m so stoked. We met at 11:30 and talked and talked and solved problems and hashed out family stuff. We could talk all day and not hit everything. We finally got to CS stuff and it was a wonderful visit. Colleen is one of my mentors and I learned so much by watching her as RS president. I love to be working with her again. 

I picked up girls and shopped and took girls to Daisey’s and dance. We had leftovers and then I couldn’t bring myself to do any paint stuff. Mommas tired. One day the house will get put back together, but idk when. 😩

Yesterday I painted a bunch of baseboards and put finishing touches on some windowsills. I did laundry and tidied. And then it was time to pick girls up from school. Addie has been dying to go to the library for some time, so we finally threw caution to the wind and went. D and I finished their scavenger hunt. 

We always miss one. Always. D went by herself and asked for help, so they wrote down the location on a piece of paper for her. 

These are backwards, but I loved watching her as she patiently waited. 

The librarian pointed to the section the missing winter animal was in, so d checked it out. 

And finally I think cute kids in cute outfits are the cutest. 

Matt surprised us by meeting us at the library. I decided to go from there straight to bookclub. I attended the first two bookclubs ever, years and years ago, and then life got too crazy. It still is, but they did Jen Hatmaker and she’s one of my current favs, so it was fun to go discuss the book, and visit. The next two months books look really good, but idk if I’ll make it back. I’d like to, so maybe I should just make it happen. 

The calendars have arrived and I missed sweet Quinn’s birthday! 🙄 I tried so hard to be sure to include everyone - I counted pictures and double checked, and there you have it. This picture was a joke, but I still feel bad!

MLK day was spent painting baseboards and prepping painting of baseboards. And everything is 5 to 10 times slower when girls are around. I went and helped streeters clean, and matt helped them move some extra furniture into our garage to store for a few days. And then the girls had piano, for a special treat we picked up McDonald’s for dinner, and then fhe. 

On Sunday ellie gave Delaney this cute best friends necklace. They are so sweet together. It made her day and created a ripple effect with Frankie wanting and wishing for her own. 

We had a welfare meeting before church and our first 2018 Linger Longer after church. I made brownies before I picked girls up from Darrow’s, and prepped as much soup stuff as I could for matt, but he had to put it together on his own and it didn’t go super well. It was fine with me, but he was frustrated. It’s hard to leave early for meetings sometimes. It all worked out and was fine. It was a good, long (8 hour) day at church. We have new RS curriculum, visiting teaching, and welfare, and it’s a lot to figure out, and I’m not doing it super well, I’m afraid. 

Working backwards again, Saturday we painted all day, and then that night went to see The Greatest Showman. We’d heard all good things about it, and while it was good, it wasn’t as amazing as I’d expected it to be from all of the reviews. And it wasn’t accurate at all, which is annoying. But we were glad to get a date night and an extra night of alone time without the sweet girls. It was a wonderful weekend filled with hard work, some play, some friends, and lots of good bonding for matt and I. Working together and figuring out how to work together, and doing it successfully is a nice boost that we don’t always enjoy, so it was really wonderful. 

Darlaina had been wanting to go to this new diy craft shop forever, and of course they opened on her last weekend here, and our special painting weekend. It’s always the way. We went Saturday at 3 and it was actually really fun. We distressed, sanded, stained, drilled, stenciled, painted, sanded, and waxed our boards, and I loved the way they turned out!

I definitely want to go back!

Sad this good friend of mine has moved!

No comments: