Sunday, January 14, 2018

Paint, paint, paint!

We kept ashby Thursday night again. Friday was the last day for these cute friends to walk to school together. 

We love this Jodie pose and replicate it whenever we can!

At first it felt challenging to have another child showing up at our door every morning at 8:00, right around crunch time as we were trying to rush out the door (she’s definitely seen me at my worst!). But then I pivoted my thinking. How fun for my girls to have a friend to walk with, every day, with minimal extra work for me. she just shows up, I don’t have to do a thing. That enabled me to appreciate our sweet setup, and set a hopeful trail of being able to have some perspective in life’s tricky situations. 

Love this one. 💕💕💕 We’re so sad to say goodbye to our sweet friends!!!

I got the girls off to school and matt had been feeling dizzy, but pushed through the pain. I did some small painting touches and then had to head to tutoring. 

Matt was halfway through the family room ceiling by the time I got home. 

I jumped right in and by school pickup at 3, we’d finished through to almost the end of the kitchen. 

Colleen, unbeknownst to me, had posted a few days earlier to our ward fb to join us for a painting date night. It was so sweet and so unexpected. Matt and I had planned just the two of us for the whole weekend, but it turned out so much better!

Lars showed up and was a powerhouse. He’s so tall he didn’t need a ladder, and that was awesome! He helped matt while I took girls to Darrow’s for their weekend away. He was only able to stay for a bit, but they got a first coat down all the way through the formal living room. We were halfway through with our big project! The whole ceiling was done, only needing some touch ups. We celebrated with some pizza that we’d ordered to share with our paint helpers. 

Mike & Lexi showed up first, then colleen & mike, the elders (one was a professional painter before he came on his mission, holla!), Cherissa & Sean, and then Emma, chris, & Gabe. This was the one picture I took, it’s good though, right?!?

Colleen took this one, which I liked because it shows old paint and new. The color from Jodie’s sample was called Herrington grey, but the color match from Sherwin Williams was called grant beige. It’s a cross between beige and grey and after day 1, I still love it. 

Friday was super successful! We got all but the formal living room painted! Our last helpers left around 11, and we had several full paint cups for cutting, and a bin for rolling. I asked matt if he’d be up for finishing off what we had out, and he was. We listened to some oldies and painted our hearts out till 2. That’s when we both turned a painting corner. Now we’re still not paint pros, but we got a good little system worked out. We’d cut the edges, roll, cut, roll. Even the next day when we looked at that room to check for necessary touch ups, it looked really good! We were feeling so excited and blessed, tired and happy when we went to bed, matt after having painted for the better part of 18 hours, and me slightly behind him only due to work and kid running. 

No comments: