Thursday, January 25, 2018

Monday

I had been talking to Ms. H about helping in the classroom all year, and went this morning to hopefully start something regular. I did Read Naturally with 10 little friends that need a little extra help, among them, our precious little blondie. 

She’s towards the lower end of my little friends and I just don’t know. Sweet girl tries so hard, but she still struggling so much. I always said I would never medicate, but I am very much rethinking that stance. There are steps to grieving and steps to acceptance and  I’m feeling myself getting ever closer to acceptance. I just wish there were more clear answers. 

I did some tutor training and then tutoring and piano and dinner. D and I did some homework while big sisters practiced with Johnna. 

Not a very exciting day. And so one we go with our catch-up. 

One day before Christmas Frankie brought home a poinsettia she’d made on their trek around the world. She grabbed our real poinsettia for a pic. 

Christmas stickers are always fun! And look, yellow walls!

One day D came with me to visit sweet Charlene. She was SO sweet. This RS baby has come a LONG way! She hugged her, was kind and chatty, and when we left and Charlene told her she loved her, she a - said she loved her too, and b - ran back in for another hug. And to think, just 2 years ago she was busy commenting on home smells and sassily declaring how she was ready to go home. It probably helped that Charlene gave her a box of oatmeal cream pies. 😂

This kid has always had awesome hair. And now she has awesome teeth too. Lucky!

Even though I'm not a room mom for anyone this year, I decided to do my fun gift card scrapbooks for the girls 5 teachers. Delaney has 2, Frankie’s 1, and Addie has 2 - 1 math and science and the other SS and LA. I was only able to email the K parents, and almost every child donated. For the other girls I had to print letters and send papers hone. I got a little more than half participation of the kids in both of their classes. They all loved their books. We chased Addie’s teachers down to the art room to get them together and in front of the class. All the kids were excitedand it was so fun! Made all the work (and $) worth it. 

We gave Ms. H’s during the class party so a lot of the parents could see too. She was giggling the whole time, it was so cute. 

Rainbow ellie sparkles antics were awesome. 🙄

And all the Girl Scouts went caroling around our neighborhood. I wasn’t able to go for some reason, but math took them and D had some issues. Oh well!

(I stole Lea’s photo collage because matt didn’t take any pictures)

No comments: