Tuesday, June 30, 2015

memory lane monday

for a long time I've been wanting to go back through old pictures and blog them. maybe jog some memories? although, this particular trip is not bringing back any memories other than of the pictures taken, but maybe in the future they will. ;)
 
this was December, 2006. we had driven the 5 hours down to el paso from our home in clovis. we were newlyweds, married for just 6 monthes here! I don't remember how it came to be, but it came to be that jeff, tom, matt, and I headed up to Ruidoso to snowboard at ski apache.
 starting our day, naïve and happy...
i'm not an avid snowboarder, but that place was awful. all of the lifts had, like 2-3 foot drop-offs and people were falling and crashing left and right. there were ski patrol people everywhere because so many people were getting hurt. the snow was terrible too, either slushy, or icy. not to be totally negative, but you know.
little uncle tom with his braces. he was 17 here, Christian's age. that seems weird to me!
matt and chris (the ace's) went off to catch some fresh powder (everyone loves it when I say that) and jeff and I (the rookies) enjoyed some of the smaller slopes (but still fresh powder;). we laughed and laughed each time we (or anyone else) fell down, and we made the best of an otherwise lame day.
 
it is beautiful there though! it's at 7,000 feet and the views are breathtaking.
 if I remember correctly, I wanted a jacket on and jacket off picture.
 I was just a cute little newlywed after all.
 our harrowing day of snowboarding over, the kids were up to some shenanigans back at home. they decided to take the polar bear plunge. my moms pool is cold in the summer time, so you can imagine a clear el paso winter day.
 after the boys were through, lexi was just getting her running start.
 and into the water she goes! lexi was 10 here and Christian was 8. crazy kids.
one other funny thing, I remember all of us weighing ourselves, I don't know why, comparing maybe? and there wasn't much of a difference between tom, matt, and I, figures. and then jeff said he could airplane matt and I at the same time (maybe that's what brought on the weighing?) and this picture was had.
 
and he did it too! he successfully airplaned over 300 lbs of crazy, newlywed fun. oh the fun a couple of grown-ups have when they come home to mom and dads.
 
ps - i am planning and hoping to pull off an epic road trip next summer.
i am definitely feeling the pull to family and only wish I could do it this year!
 
and that is the very random (i wanted something short) first installment of memory lane monday. or throwback thursday. or flashback Friday. or whatever day suits my fancy. :)

No comments: