Wednesday, June 10, 2015

These days

I haven't been taking many pictures lately. Pictures = easy blogging.

Laura and i poked it too long at the Amish store to be able to redo our jam on Monday. But the Amish store was ah-mazing. 

That night I went to the CWFDES open house. For those not in the know, that's the Captain Walter Francis Duke Elementary School - what a mouthful. The school is beautiful and all centered around military values (honor, courage, respect) and America. The colors are red, white, and blue and the mascot will either be the Aviators (my vote), or the Flyers (lame). We got to meet the principal and some teachers. It will be such an exciting start of the school year!

On Tuesday morning a bunch of ladies met up at Christina's to help her pack. It's amazing what a strong group of dedicated women can accomplish. We could have had the whole house ready to go before too long. 

That night Addie had piano and then I went to an ARM. It was all about favorite things and so we ate and shared our favs. I took Rhonda, who I love, love, love. Lots of good ideas and a really fun night. 

Today was a busy day. The youth did a service project in our neighborhood, so I had to clean and organize so they could come serve. Such an oxymoron, but I did the same thing during our brief 3 month foray into having a housekeeper. I had A. days tonight and Matt took the girls to Addie's bridging ceremony for Girl Scouts, so neither of us would be home to direct the "service." So I had to leave easy things for them to do, plus instructions, and supplies. Our house is in a state of flux, still switching rooms and constantly trying to pare down, so the organizing isn't always easy. But I got her done. 

I also had my last PTA meeting, so I had to do my treasurer reports. It's so incredibly easy now compared to when I first started and it really took me all day. I really like the people on the PTA board and am hoping for another good year of supporting our teachers and school next year. I put my name in the hat to be the treasurer again, so we'll see how it goes!

It's a busy time of year! I'm collecting money for frankies teachers (as room mom) and planning gifts and gift cards. I'm also collecting money for a&f's bus driver and also f's afternoon driver. I wasn't planning on doing both the buses, but a neighbor texted and asked if I was and then nobody else stepped up, so there you have it. 

Also pre-k celebration on Friday, supplies needed, then field day on Monday where I'll help pass out freeze pops and 1st grade celebration, supplies needed. Add to that A days tonight, supplies needed. And we are hosting snacks Sunday night after Mormon parade, supplies needed. I try to be organized so I don't have to make a million trips into town. Sometimes it works better than others, like today when I didn't make it to the store at all and Matt picked up the watermelon for the A. days snack for me. 

After bridging tonight the Girl Scouts ordered pizza and then went swimming. Craziness that it's our first time at the pool all season! 
So I also had to get out the pool bag and think of all the necessaries - sunscreen, towels, shampoo, brushes, jams, and pool passes, just to name a few. Motherhood is having a million fires burning and ensuring that each and every one stays burning, not too wildly, and within bounds, and that it doesn't go out. 
Matt and I said hi/bye as he got home and I headed out to PTA. Shortly after I left, he left. 
I had just enough time to come home, cut watermelon, and head out to wildwood lake for some fishing.
Grace was a rockstar and caught at least 5 fish. She was the only one. (: but all the girls had fun and it was a good night. Darlaina and I flitted around visiting with all the girls, their dads, and the amazing family of helpers Rob brought. At one point D and I downright jumped out of our skins as Grace dropped a fish in our general proximity and it happened to flap towards us. We were clearly out of our element tonight, which makes it extra nice to have helpers who were very much in their element.

No comments: