Monday, June 29, 2015

Everything

Sunday was a lovely, quiet day. There was a gorgeous sunset after our evening walk. We stayed outside together to enjoy it.
Matt had planned to be on the scout bike trip the week I was at camp, but he ended up having testing at work that he was in charge of, so he wasn't able to go. He had a crazy busy, but crazy good week. Everything went really well and other than being busy, it was a pretty easy week. It's nice to be happy at work!
Chris was able to help out on the early days. On Monday and Tuesday he drove the girls to Alecia's, since Matt left around 5. He didn't remember to leave their car seats, so one day Matt came all the way home, and on the second day he let them ride free. Oh well. Chris stayed busy crab knocking T, W, and Th, taking neighbors to babysit at the pool M, and mowing Brenna's grandparents lawns F.
From what my sweet friends said, the girls were good. I hope they were. I always wonder how my children behave when I'm not around. I was told, by a certain child of mine, about one indiscretion of another certain child, so I know they aren't perfect, just hopefully not too bad. (:
Lexi is putting her shoulder to the job searching wheel. It's hard as a mom to see something blow up in your child's face. Especially when you had predicted, and not quietly, that this was to happen.  :/

And I love this girls fancy face.
And this girls.
Today was a good summer day. I walk/ran early, we had family cleaning hour - with no tears - practiced piano, earned a library movie, and went to a library program to see Mr. Jon.
Dancing queens loved it. I didn't realize till he got going that we saw him last year too.
Addie was feeling "shy" so she wasn't getting very jiggy with it. She's pretty cute though.
After the library program, we headed straight to see Inside Out. We just went to our small in-town theater, which isn't nearly as nice as the Waldorf theater, but does the job. It was a really cute movie. The girls loved it and were trying to convince me that daddy really should see the movie too so they should go again and take him. (:

I finally took Addie to get her birthday crayons. Auntie Allie sent her some birthday money and she had asked if she could buy herself some crayons. I think I'm pretty good with the crayons in our crayon tower. I make sure they are unbroken and only crayola brand. But they aren't new and I guess that's important to true artists. She still has some more birthday money to spend, so I'm sure we'll be making more trips to Michaels.
We got home to daddy fixing my slow drain. Such a handyman. (;
The girls finally decorated their summer journals. I have lots of scrapbooking stuff that I'm never gonna use, so I let them at it and they were happy. Addie needs writing practice and journaling is a fun way for her to get it. And the little two are never to be left out, so there you go. 

Tonight Chris is camping with Davis'. I'm always happy when he is able to do things that are worthwhile and not with girls. (:

Also, SMC had two confirmed tornados on Saturday. One was on the ground for 30+ minutes and spanned 16 miles. It's amazing that no one was hurt! Saturday brought almost an inch and a half of rain bringing our June total to over 6 inches. Baltimore had its rainiest June on record with over 13 inches! It's been a wonderfully stormy month. 

No comments: