Monday, June 15, 2015

Field day

Field day is always one of the hottest days of the year! It was sweltering today! I dropped my girls off at Joni's this morning and headed to the school to pass out the Popsicles from the PTA. Before we started, I checked in on Addie. They were doing the parachute and all their faces were bright red!
We passed out Popsicles till 11:30 and then met up in Addie's class with Joni and all the kids.
Lauren planned a really cute teacher gift that we all contributed to and some nice fruit bowls for the kids. We all visited and then I brought Addie home with us. 
If you looked up "hot mess" in the dictionary, this is what you'd find:
We headed to the pool with Laura and crew at 3, and Joni and crew met us there. After a couple hours my girls were starving, so i walked home to get some snacks. The White House on pensive street looked so cute with the hanging ferns and green grass. She's been a good house to us.
We stayed at the pool till the thunder got us kicked out at 6:30. We hung out while the kids played, but the thunder didn't stop, so we figured it was time to pack up.
It was my first pool day, and my shoulders and back got fried. I swear  I sprayed sunscreen, but I must not have done a very good job. :/ 

dinners, showers, and finally, bed. Now Chris and I are watching a movie and wishing tomorrow wasn't a school day. 

No comments: