Saturday, June 6, 2015

Zoo field trip

On Addie (and Alexis) birthday, the whole first grade went on a field trip to the zoo. Addie thought this was officially the "best day ever!"
It's been a rainy, seattle'ish week. If it wasn't full on pouring, there was a light mist constantly, and nary a ray of sunshine was to be found. It made for a cool day at the zoo, but i prefer cool to hot, so it wasn't bad.
Addie had volunteered us to walk around with a very energetic little guy from her class. He was a good kid, but dang, I thought I lost him at least 10 times. After about the 5th time, I made him hold my hand for a few minutes after each near loss. Needless to say, he loved that. 
We met up with neighbor Kim and church Joni and we walked around together the whole day.
#goofylove
Addie proudly wore her "birthday girl" button and had so much fun with all the extra attention she got. It was really fun to spend the whole day with just her, no other littles.
I even let her pick something out from the gift shop, which we never do. She picked a panda notebook and pen set and happily drew the whole way home. Good choice.
Each first grade class had a class shirt with every child's self portrait on it. They were adorable, it was such a bummer that everyone had to wear coats!
We took a million goody pictures with these fun 7 year olds.
Addie said several times "I don't even feel like I'm 7!" She was amazed that she didn't feel any different. Even the next morning she said, "I still feel 6!"
It's amazing how many times I've been to the zoo and never noticed (or at least don't remember) certain things, like this here waterfall.
And the lady lions. Just because they're cool.
We brought (store bought for safety) rice crispy treats and on the bus ride home we sang happy birthday and Addie passed them out. She was so happy. (:
I also let her get a popcorn to share with our walking group and then on the way home, a dippin' dots. We never buy food at the zoo, so this was a big deal! She was so excited to try this and randomly said the next day "I've had Dippin' dots," like it was a big, big accomplishment.
Happy 7 year old and happy mom.
The bus rides weren't bad at all. The kids were, for the most part, quiet and well mannered. Even this little grape eater.
I got to chat with Mrs. G on the ride home and it was just a super fun field trip. 

No comments: