Sunday, June 21, 2015

saturday surprise, swimming, and salsa's

I am totally winning wife of the year over here. I didn't plan anything for fathers day gifts or dinner. alexis had a surprise for matt, and with school just getting out, I just didn't plan anything. so on Saturday we sent daddy out to buy his fathers day gift - new skate shoes, and go to the skate park. yup, that's my man hanging out at the skate park on Saturday afternoon. ;) then he headed to the commissary to buy fathers day dinner supplies.

I told the girls we were going to have a surprise and then go to the pool. so we got all dressed in our swimsuits, dropped our pool stuff off at the pool, and headed down the big hill in our neighborhood. the girls kept guessing who's house we were going to. we finally got down the hill, turned right, and went to our new neighborhood park!
it's actually not all that new, it's been there at least a year, but there was never a clear path until recently. and I love this girlie.
she's so stylish and fancy.
they kept saying "a new park! I can't believe it!'
they are excited to have two parks to choose from now. and they were super stoked to find out that there will be a third park as soon as all the houses are built.
addie found a lighthouse and borrowed my phone to take a picture.
after about 20 minutes of new park fun, franks had to go potty, so we packed up, got nice and sweaty as we headed up the hill, and got to the pool, where we were 4 of the 7 people there.

I told the girls to jump in together, but franks tricked ads.
the classic hold-out.
needless to say, addie was not happy and being duped.
so can you guess what happens next?
classic.
only addie chose to join her right after.
and little nervous nelly grandma, worriedly biting her nails lest someone threaten her with the deep end of the pool. girlfriend be crazy. she did though consent for me to take her to the deep end twice, after about 3 hours in the pool. she told me she'd had a dream about the 5ft. tile marker, and she acted all weird about touching it. later, she got out of the pool, walked all the way around it, and touched the 5ft. marker again. i'd love to know what happened in that dream!
#gogglenerd
#jumpingnerd
we left the house at 9:40, got to the pool around 10:20, and stayed till 2. we stayed an hour longer than I had planned.
the extra hour proved to be disastrous for franks and I. I got my second sunburn of the year, and franks her first. I don't quite know when I became such a remedial sunscreen applier, but I for sure am. I think it's that we're able to stay at the pool so much longer that we ever did before. maybe? I don't know, but i'm resolving again to be more conscientious.
we'd stayed at the pool so long and it was still so hot that we decided to do salsa's for dinner.
and you can kind of see how red my arm is here. ouch.
and poor Frankie's pink cheeks and shoulders! neither of the other girls burned, so i'm thinking Frankie somehow missed the second application of sunscreen.
we all love us some salsa's. sophisticated eater franks got her shrimp, vegetarian Delaney got her rice, and addie the eater got her hamburger, and all were happy.
Frankie wanted to take a picture.
love these girls! and lexi, who was gallivanting in dc with her friends, and crabknocker chris who was knocking the crabs.
as I picked up the house that night, I found this picture. job well done, I think. i'm happy too.
this morning we headed out to stake conference at the stake center. at 8 they held a meeting for the youth and their parents and we managed to talk chris into going. elder golden and elder Sinclair from the seventy were there and it was a really good discussion. I was in the halls and happened upon this picture of Christian at the first major 11 year-old scout campout in our stake. chris is third from the left. sooo adorable and small.

No comments: