Monday, June 22, 2015

Camp!

For years I have wanted to come to girls camp, and this week I finally got the opportunity. 
This is my home away from home till Friday. It's beautiful!
I'm helping brother Gillingwater and brother brown in the kitchen. Today we unloaded everything and set up shop, made subs for lunch, cookies for a snack, spaghetti, salad, g-bread, and pineapple cobbler for dessert. I'm pooped. 
I've taken two dayquils and am washing my hands like crazy. Hopefully I won't go through the 2 boxes of tissues I brought, though if the next few days are like today, it's possible. I'm hoping to have the same non-germ spreading success here that I did during the pink eye fiasco of 2013, wherein I successfully kept the pink eye isolated to myself all the while cooking and shopping for 23 family members. Just don't want to get anyone else sick. 
In other news, Lexi quit her nanny job today. It's been a rough road since day 1, but I am hopeful that she learned some valuable life lessons about standing up for yourself and not letting yourself be taken advantage of, which unfortunately this family tried to do time and again.  

2 comments:

The Ainas said...

Woohoo! For camp and for Lexi quitting! Good for her! :)

Debby said...

See you tomorrow!