Saturday, June 27, 2015

Last full day

I had mentioned that I planned to wake up early and go running at camp, and the ycl's said they were going Thursday morning. It was the night after the pranking and i'd only had about 3 hours of sleep, but I knew I'd regret if I didn't go at all. So off we ran! It was gorgeous! We only ran 1 mile, but it was a perfect start to the morning. 
Sarah sent me these pics of my babies. Odd ball. 
Twinning. 
And twinning. 
They had so much fun while I was gone! Total vacation for them! 2 days at darrows, 2 days at ainas, and 1 at Myers. Party every day. 

Brothers B and G ran to Walmart before they took the group picture. I didn't have a matching shirt, so I was fine to stay out of the pic, but they insisted. I'm the big brown blob on the top right. 
They had a big painted twister competition before kangaroo court. Since I had a vested interest in said court, I hung out for the twister challenge. 
Dixie had been put into kangaroo court for yarning the ycl's cabin, since she was the only one who'd gotten caught. And sure enough, they found her g-u-i-l-t-y. They sat her in the middle and were preparing to administer her punishment when we finally cracked and fessed up to being in cahoots with her. Then they made us all go into the middle and they tied us up with yarn. 
Then they went around and broke water balloons on our heads. And then, in a very Lord of the flies kind of way, they let each of the girls throw poppers at our feet. It was silly and fun. 
We had BBQ hamburgers, potato salad, and watermelon for dinner. Then it was time for cleanup, singing, and then testimony meeting. Almost every girl and leader bore testimony and there was such a strong spirit there. The week was such a perfect mix of work, fun, and spiritual highs, it was great. 

After testimony meeting there was another pretty good storm brewing, so we played killer frog, baby please smile (not my fav game) and I taught them do you love your neighbor. I love camp games!

And Dixie made me this precious wood sign. (: when Addie saw it, she said "you aren't the daughter of a king... Oh, yeah."
Silly girl. 
That was another late night talking with Colleen, leisa, Debby, and Carolee. I am blessed to rub shoulders with such wonderful women. 

When we finally went to our cabin, we found this large tree branch had fallen right into the road in front of the ycl's cabin. Glad they kept the girls at the main cabin later than normal!

1 comment:

Alecia said...

Not all of us confessed! Some people confessed for us. :)