Saturday, June 27, 2015

Home!

Friday morning was busy packing and cleaning the kitchen. We served bagels, cereal, fruit, and oatmeal for breakfast. Super fun kitchen crew!
I was a little intimidated to work with brother G, but he was so easy! It was a lot of work, but these two were super easy to work with. I would totally go back!

There was so much food leftover that we all went "shopping" to pick what we wanted. Then everything that was left came home with me. And there was A LOT left. We had camp hamburgers for dinner last night, camp French toast this morning, camp spaghetti for lunch, and camp potato soup for dinner. I'm not complaining!

Carolee and I had a fun week! From lost garments to creaky beds, what a hoot!
We had everything loaded, wiped, swept, and mopped by 10:30! That's pretty amazing to me! They have a tradition of stopping at chicfila for lunch on the way home, so that was a nice, pretty, and sweet smelling stop for sure. 

By the time everyone had unloaded and gotten picked up and dropped off, it was 2:30, and then Carolee and I got to unload all my food. And then I got to figure out where to put it all. I have 2 hugely full fridges, that's for sure. As I was putting away the last of the food, the garage door opened and Matt brought my babies home. I missed them so much!
We hugged and told eachother about our weeks. Matt told me I smelled "fresh" and Addie said my feet smelled like "Lays potato chips." I must have been camping. 

I showered (Addie was disappointed my feet no longer smelled delicious), napped, and lazed around all that rainy Friday evening. When Chris got off work, we watched greys anatomy, and Lexi went to Meghan's. 

Today was another lazy day. I'm still on camp time, so I didn't get to sleep till after 2. Thankfully though I didn't have to wake up at 6! I slept in till 10, it was amazing!

We went to the library and then to lowes.
We rented Misty and while we were watching it, got the code red call for a tornado warning. I'm pretty casual about the watches, but the warnings, when there's an actual tornado that's been sighted, I take those seriously. So to the basement we went, and I read them the first chapter of Ramona and Beezus. I am loving reading my girls my favorite children's books!
It's still rainy and there's been quite a bit of flooding. We've had the rainiest June on record. Good thing I love rain. (:

No comments: