Friday, July 3, 2015

Calvert marine museum

I had to become a member of the Calvert marine museum to buy Matt's birthday concert tickets. (which is tomorrow night, yo!) So on Tuesday we headed over there for the first time with our membership with the aina's.
(That is quite possibly one of the worst paragraphs I've ever written. But it's late. And I'm tired.)

Our first stop was to see the sting rays.
Look at how adorable this baby sting ray is! Sooo cute!
We also checked out the mermaid purses, which Addie had already learned about at school.
Adorbs.
Next we headed over to the mini lighthouse where Adeline got manhandled. She is such a patient little thing!!!
Peek-a-boo, lanes!
The play area was everyone's fav thing. They had the cute lighthouse, dress up, and this cute boat. I am in love with this pic!
And how flipping adorable are these 3-year-olds?! Gah!!!!
And Delaney. This reminds me of the show with the "football head" my big kids used to watch. What a goof. (:
These ones are pretty cute too.
They were able to touch turtles... and other things I can't remember. "Creatures," as Laney would say.
The girls liked this area before they found the dresses, but after? Fugedaboutit, they could have played all day.
They loved the little lightkeeper house too.
Lanes had some important business to conduct.
Addie found these "biscuits" and they quickly became a fav for everyone.
Well hello there, lighthouse keeper.
We tried this...
And then decided to switch positions. Much better.
Everyone got to dig for fossils and everyone got to take home a shark tooth.
The mermaid prop was super popular too. No one even considered being a pirate.
#fancy
Little sistahs turn.
#fancyx2
Littlest sistah.
#fancyx3. or something.
They loved the jellyfish in the "midnight zone." These girls are so smart!
We ate lunch under the shade of a large enclosed area and with the breeze blowing it was just perfect. Everyone played and we had a pretty nice lunch with just a touch of drama. And that's pretty good with 8 girls. Cause Sarah and I are girls too. Just because we don't push each other and take things away from each other doesn't mean anything.
Thankfully we went to the lighthouse when we did, because they were closing in 5 minutes for a couple hours and we wouldn't have been able to go.
So we rushed through. We had to have someone wait down below so we could take a pic on the steps. Cause I'm polite like.
Ellie was so excited to show everyone the chair potty that she couldn't be bothered to turn around for a picture.
I didn't even know my girls got crazy here. Such nuts.
Soo natural.
My summer 'do=frizz. I'm not even trying anymore. A - I still have my horrible Vegas haircut. B - it's so hot and humid. C - Matt loves me anyway.
Laney was, suprisingly, a big girl and went down the stair/ladder all by herself. She's normally such a chicken, this was such a nice change.
More big girls. 
I'm glad my girls love lighthouses almost as much as I do. Give 'em time, they'll catch up.
These cute friends. (:
Delaney was so into the plaques and info outside too. She came home and told daddy he needed to take us for a ride on the William B. Tennyson. Hoping he listens.
The whole gang. And not without some drama. Thankfully we all love eachother. (:
After our lighthouse fun, we let the girls go back to the play area. Lanes tried on a new apron.
And got possessive of the biscuit basket. :/
When we left and I helped Addie take all these scarves off, she was so hot! She's learned early that beauty hurts though. Or is at least uncomfortable.
Pouting about something. Probably when she decided she was the lighthouse keeper and no one else could come in. Or it could have been something else. Who knows.
Aaaand that was a good trip.
After our fun summer adventure, I dropped the kids off at home with lexi and headed to the dentist. Still working on my cavity underneath my crown. This time they took off the temporary crown, put bands on, got 3 molds, and then got to put yet another temporary crown put on. And I still have another appt to put the real crown on and finally get fitted for my new retainer. I wanted to cry. I am so discouraged about my teeth. It's really frustrating. And expensive. :(

When I got home, I found this on my pillow:
It says to: the #1 mom. From: the #1 daughter. She's so sweet and a really good gift giver.
We also:

*had family cleaning hour organizing games in our basement
*wrote in journals
*started a new book for my book list challenge. Gravities rainbow - I hate it. 
*matt got to go to the skate park again after work. 
*enjoyed a nice summer evening. 

No comments: