Thursday, June 18, 2015

last week of school!

because babies that climb on couches and fall asleep are the best. and let it be known, little sister was dressed this morning. but mrs. higgs had given the girls some spray bottles from her classroom, and I had noticed laney kinda sneaking away this morning. next thing I knew, she was in fresh pj's. later that day I found her dress, soaking wet, in her pants drawer. 5 points for ingenuity.
Tuesday was a laundry day, so when michelle and Julia asked if franks would like a playdate, we said yes please! actually, when I asked Frankie if she'd like to go play, she said "yes! so yes!" she's so precious. that was a quiet, cleaning day. I told the girls no pool on account of my crab red shoulders.
Wednesday was the last day of school!!!
the boy humored me with a few pictures before he headed off for his last day of junior year. he's a senior now, ya'll! complete with senior pictures this morning. still scratching my head. 1st day of school-last day of school.
little miss was all smiles.
happy and excited ladies!

franks last day was Monday, but the growth here is amazing! such a baby to such a big girl! same shoes. :)
last bus boarding of 1st grade! and giving the thank you card to our bus driver. who's name we still know not. :/

on Wednesday sweet michelle offered to take Frankie again because we had plans to go to the 5th grade graduation. so my little shadow and I headed out around 9:30 to buy flowers for my 3 graduating activity girls. when we got to the school, we discovered that there were way too many people there for us to get a seat in the gym, so we decided to do our other school errands first. we delivered mrs. g's gift and took addie to deliver gifts to miss Huber and mrs. wagoner. as we were walking I asked laney a question and she just puffed her cheeks and continued walking with her hands in her pockets. it took me a minute to realize that she was following the direction to walk the halls with bubbles in your cheeks so you don't talk. she's just the best little pre-schooler!
a few last 1st grade and LES pics. it's kinda sad that we won't be at that school anymore, but we are so excited for our new school, that it's hard to stay sad. :)
silly lil'.
meanwhile miss franks and the ladies were having a marvelous tea party, dah'ling.
we finally made our way to the overflow of the overflow at 10:40, 40 minutes into the ceremony. I was thinking it would be almost over... and I was very wrong. it went clear to 12:00! laney was so good, but she finally climbed on my lap and fell asleep. I decided to make this a no-nap summer,(unless we're home, and then it's on) but she still needs a little rest here and there.
meanwhile, the winking duo. at least they're cute.
I met up with 2/3 of my A days girls, and then gave arden her flowers last night. they are such sweet girls and i'm blessed to teach them on Sunday and work with them on Wednesdays. I had to rush out, run 2 blocks away to where i'd had to park my car, and rush home because i'd promised chris he could drive the jolly green to waldorf to see a movie with his friends. we got home quickly, picked up franks, did some prep for the evening, and headed out to our last bus pick-up of the 2014-2015 school year!

the driver laid on the horn as soon as she turned onto pensive street. it was all so exciting!
as the bus pulled up all the kids were hanging out the window. we took that opportunity to squirt them thoroughly. and then each child as they came off the bus. I would have gotten more pictures, but I was having so much fun squirting! and the other moms at my stop were late, so I really had to.
we rushed inside, got addie into her swimsuit, and headed to the gazebo for a neighborhood ice cream party. everyone brought ice cream and toppings and it was so fun.
"cheese!"
they might be awkward, but they're mine and I love them.
there was a ton of neighbors there, it was so nice.

after the ice cream party, we headed for the pool, where we stayed till it closed at 8. that's 5+ hours of pool fun. and it really was fun! there was a time, in the not so distant past, that this wouldn't have been possible and it surely wouldn't have been fun. but times are changing, girls are growing, and pool time is fun!
we met up with darlaina, colleen, laura, and lana (and crews) and swam and talked.
these two played together all evening. in the deep end. they are hot stuff.
finally the movie crew got back from Jurassic world and deigned to join us at the pool. aren't they cute?! they seriously were being cute though, I love when they're sweet.
 

david brought the little grill and grilled till he had to leave, and then like a summer miracle, matt showed up and took over. we had burgers, hot dogs, veggies, pasta salad, watermelon, chips, and cookies. #delicious.
lana and family are leaving us to head west and we are sad, sad, sad. but we enjoyed a fun night at the pool spending one of our last evenings together as friends.
friends with crazy kids.
the teen crew left the pool and headed fishing, at which time the twinner on the left got an $80 speeding ticket. after, the fishing they came over to the white house on pensive street for a movie. I was pretty sure only girls planned their outfits to twin with each other, but I was wrong. the twin on the right spent the night and it was just a perfect start to our summer break!

No comments: