Thursday, October 15, 2020

Day #213

I had the girls take a Strengths Finder test yesterday. I guess I can call that our Health class? Anyways, they loved it and were super excited. I loved their answers and i think their results are pretty accurate. 

Addie’s top five strengths were: spirituality, gratitude, honesty, love, and hope. Her bottom five were: perseverance, judgement, leadership, perspective, and self-regulation. 

Frankie’s top five were: love, humor, spirituality, creativity, and gratitude. Her bottom five were: perseverance, judgement, curiosity, self-regulation, and perspective. 

Delaney’s top five were: humor, creativity, curiosity, zest, and love of learning. Her bottom five were: perspective, hope, self-regulation, judgement, and prudence. 

While their top five are interesting, I find their bottom five fascinating, and gives us some clear things to work on. That they all scored low on self-regulation, judgement, and perspective tells me either they don’t fully understand those things, or that we’ve got some goals. I love learning about their thoughts and ideas and find this helpful and makes me excited to get started. 

Also, I am going to start doing our social studies together. This challenge is also exciting to me and as soon as I’m back from New Orleans I’m jumping in with both feet. 

D working hard on her strengths finder. 

We had dinner with the Darrow’s and the kids had fun playing together. We went inside their home for the first time since... maybe last December? At least since March as we’ve not really been in anyone’s house since then. Addie was looking through my phone at pictures for yw and I found this artsy shot. 

We had a great night with our dear friends and then everyone got to bed early’ish in preparation for my early morning trip. 

No comments: