Sunday, October 4, 2020

Day #195

Freshly vacuumed carpet lines make me so happy. And I think this room is pretty much complete. I would kind of like a comfy small reclining chair where Tenkor’s crate is, and to raise the curtain rods, but otherwise I love it. Homes are never fully finished though, right? Always improving?

I had texted Amy and she told me that Tom was with her and I thought how fun that 1/3 of the sibs were on the east coast and 1/3 were on the west coast. We dropped our best picture and challenged them for theirs. 

They sent a good one in response. 

So we went 100% cheeseball and sent this captioned “We’re just hanging around!”

They recruited an adorable extra. We had fun texting back and forth. I had been really struggling and came to the realization that I have been letting life’s stresses weigh me down and I hadn’t been finding joy in the small things, which is a fundamental tenant of my life and beliefs. Being goofy and fun in these small ways weak a good way to start back. 

That day we braved the muddy fairgrounds for some fair food. Since the fair was cancelled because of covid, they brought in several vendors, but then it was super wet and muddy. yuck. We are a food motivated people though, so we persevered. We got a variety of fries, a brat, gyro, funnel cake fries, lemonade, and delaney got the biggest corn dog I’ve ever seen. It was all delicious and brought some joy, so yay. 

We had to wait for Alli to finish work before we could send another installment of sibling pictures. 

😂

And finally. Tenkor and Delaney are an added bonus. 

Matt worked this day and the girls played outside for awhile. We are taking advantage of these beautiful days to open windows and play outside as much as possible. That night the girls made a fort to sleep down in the basement. There was some drama when part of it fell (every time) but otherwise the basement camping went well. 

And Delaney and Frankie were dancing to something? I can’t remember what. 



1 comment:

Smilin' Jack 3 said...

Love the Blog!! Especially love the picture challenge!! Keen fun!!