Friday, June 29, 2012

5 whole months - by delaney

a month of firsts:

my first girls trip.
(not that impressive, as you can tell by my pic)
my first time at the beach - ocean city, md, june 3, 2012
my first bikini.
 and my first time putting my cankled feet in the sand.
my first memorial day and my first karate chop.
that caterpillar deserved it.
my first big family road trip.
and my first time out of the state of my birth.
at hatteras beach, nc.
(my second time at the beach)
my first time on a boat.
and my first time seeing dolphins.
loved it!
my first time in a shopping cart.
my first business meeting.
(got the secretary helping me out with the phone there)
my first time tasting my feet.
because they're delicious.
my first time in the johnny jump up.
the jumper was a lot of fun, but as these things sometimes go, tgbo showed up.
and then it wasn't so fun. see how i'm just a blur? yeah...
she's instilled a healthy dose of fear in me.
i'll be chillin', minding my beeswax, when all of a sudden!
bam!
there she is.
in all of her giant blondness.
another example:
would you want that big ol' blond head all up in your buisness?
thought so.
being the youngest can be tough.
so i've started packing heat.
don't mess with the babysitter?
don't mess with the baby.
don't worry i keep pretty calm.
i do my yoga and that helps.
(don't mind the full diaper, please)
and i say my prayers every night and every morning.
nc was pretty fun. except when people were being weird.
a carseat on the beach? come on, people!
vacationing is exhausting.
while we were there i decided to try to sit up. pretty good, huh?!
i'm an expert at holding things and especially getting them to my mouth.
fingers work too.
i still fight sleep a little bit.
11:30pm.
my "sleep, who needs it?" face.
(speaking of sleep, i sleep in my crib in my own room now, yay!)
but mostly i'm a pretty happy, good natured baby.
goofy, but happy. :)
i am also very responsible.
i've already started packing my cheeks for the winter.
*i am an expert roller. i sleep on my tummy now because as soon as i'm laid down on my back, i roll right over. (asleep or awake)
*no teeth yet, but i drool all the time and gum everything.
*i'm on (about) a 3 nap schedule. and then i usually wake up once in the middle of the night and once first thing (5'ish) in the morning, so basically twice over night.  

that's probably about enough for now.
i will see you next month!

love,

delaney

No comments: