Monday, July 22, 2024

We’ve been unpacking and grocery shopping and opening mail and catching back up with life. Unpacking means finding all our fun souvenirs. Like Delaneys ship collection. 

After church there was a salad themed linger longer. Matt and I had to return the rental, but there were still lots of yummy salads there when we got back. Then Alecia invited us for dinner which was so nice to not have to worry about cooking. Delaney made brownies to bring and Matt and I did some indexing for the ward index challenge. It was nice to catch up with friends, and we ended the evening comparing teen driving war wounds. 🤣 The girls are doing great, but learning to drive is not for the weak. 

Matt woke up at 3:00 today, Frankie and I at 5:00, Adi at 7:00, and D at 8:00, so we’re on our way back to normal. I went for a run this morning and there was a sunrise rainbow. 

Also, check out our amazing popcorn plant! She’s come back so beautifully, makes me so happy. 

I dropped the girls at Darrow’s and Alecia drove them up to FSY. I’m so excited for them! Praying all the youth have the best time and this helps them grow their testimonies and friendships and to feel less alone with their standards. 

I ran some errands after I dropped them off and then organized my new magnets. I ❤️ them. And I didn’t buy as many magnets as I could have, so I think I’m doing pretty amazing. 

We don’t have a lot of art in our home. I love pictures of people, but I have an idea to have a travel wall with trinkets and art. The Paris bridge picture on the bottom right is an actual painted original we bought from the artist in Paris. I want a variety, not just pictures, and I was thiiiis close to buying a beautiful hand painted plate in Civita but her cc machine wasn’t working and we had no cash. And i was thiiis close to buying something lace in Murano, but I already have a framed lace from one of my grandmas and I don’t want to be too grandma (even though I actually am). Anyways, idk where this art wall should be, but I’m excited for it. 

Alecia told me I should just let Delaney have a day to read and do nothing else, so that’s what we did. I’ve been encouraging people to share their trip pics, so we’ll finish with these:
Delaney dancing the night we walked through the rain when we got to Venice. 

We loved the cruise pool and jacuzzis! So many fun hours spent!

Sisters. ❤️

Tommy takes the best pictures. He understands angles and lighting and I love seeing what he comes up with. During our special flowridee session he took the best pictures, and this is how:

Ok, flowrider is really fun and the operator had us do silly things like spread eagle our arms wide. This pic is so goofy but so fun. 

Frankie loves her wrench. You know who else does? Sandy. Sandy ordered two appetizer shrimp cocktails every night. 😋 

Adventure papa on the move!

Our big kids have the sweetest relationship with my parents - they really helped raise them and I’m so grateful the girls got a little bit of that when my dad lived here. 

Art on art on art. 

Hopefully everyone else will share their pics soon!

No comments: