Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Athens

We had a quick turnaround from Santorini to Athens the next morning. When we woke up we were in port along with a lot of other ships. Alli had bought hop on hop off bus tickets for everyone except Amy’s crew and papa, so we all started off together at 8:00. We got the seats right up front on the top that are my favorite. Jeanne and Tom and I are on the same team and I had just seen a motorcycle delivering food, so I made a noise and took a bunch of pictures and we laughed and laughed at Jeanne’s expression. 

Meanwhile this crew enjoyed a leisurely brekkie back on the ship. 

I love the seats right up front, only on this 95° day, the windshield was reflecting the suns rays and it was like an oven. And the top was still on, so we were getting very little breeze. And we were the first bus of the day so loading up took awhile and it was so. hot. 

We got off at the old Parliament and National Gardens Park (I think). 

We grabbed drinks and used the restroom and enjoyed the fresh air of walking around. 

Jeanne got a generic Greek coke. 

Tom wears hearing aids so he couldn’t really use the cheap headphones from the hop on bus, so I was trying to keep him in the loop, but honestly, things weren’t close together and Greek names are so hard and it was so hot. 

I really did try to pay attention. And also, portrait selfie mode. 🤣

Either a government building or the national library?



Alexis and crew got off to find a hook for the boys and the rest of us trudged on. We saw the ancient Olympic stadium annd shopping squares and also lots of Athens that was not very cute. 

Parthenon

I don’t know, but a cute shot of adi. 

We walked as far as we could for free to the Parthenon. There were crazy long lines for tickets, tickets were €20, and did I mention how hot it was?

We’d buy a cold drink (which were never super cold) and within 5 minutes it was warm. 

I don’t know what Matt wanted here. His silly poses. 

We were all ready to head back to the ship, partly because we were so hot and uncomfortable but also we weren’t sure if it would take another 2 hours to get back like it had taken to get out there. 

Adi had to get a portrait mode. 

Thankfully it was much faster going back to the ship. 

We tried sitting in different spots on the bus. We tried the bottom but it wasn’t super air conditioned, so we landed mostly on top but not in the front. But on the way back there were lots of stops and we were basically baking. 

We got back, went straight to the Windjammer for lunch and then straight to the pool. Frankie made some friends and has had so much fun hanging out! Tom grabbed a shot of  them by the pool, but she’s mostly spent time with a gaggle of girls. 

We cleaned up and hit up family karaoke with adi.

Adi, Frankie, Alexis, Alli, and I rocked it to Party in the USA which was fun and lively and easy because there were so many of us. And then adi wanted to do another song and I agreed to sing with her. The girls just started watching Reba and they’ve been singing the chorus to her I’m a Survivor theme song the whole trip. Anyways, she chose that one and then we got up there and it’s kind of a slow song and I panicked. But I got it together pretty quickly and just tried to have fun with it. I’m a truly terrible singer, but I love my adi and our family was mad stanning us, so it was all good. 

Next up was family feud, and taylor, Frey, and Kristi from our group got their tickets chosen, and my dad volunteered and got chosen. 

It was fun to watch, even though dad, Frey, and taylors team lost. 

At dinner that night I hosted the water game. 

I randomly generated team competitions and then because there were 5 teams, the last team just played against a conglomerate of us. My yellow team got knocked out the first round. 👎🏼 

It was fun and easy and everyone was amazed with the way the water sits on top of the glass. 

Dinner is one of my favorite times of day when we all come together and it’s easy and fun to just get to choose and the food has been pretty good for the most part. 


No comments: