Thursday, November 26, 2020

Day #255

I went for a run a run this morning. When I got home I found delaney asleep like this:

Girlfriend loves to stay up late and she loves to sleep in. 

Alli had woken up and gotten right to work cooking. She assured me that she loves it and I assured her she didn’t have to do it all. She had asked if there was anything I really wanted to make myself (nope!) and kept asking how I’d like her to do things. Basically, we are both deferring to each other and it’s pretty sweet. We are both happy with how the day went and both looking forward to tomorrow. We chatted with Amy while we worked. 

I showered and tutored Frankie and then washed all the dishes. I helped with some prep, and then we had an unfortunate mishap where a pot fell from the drying rack and a full melted candle spilled all over the counter and floor. Candle wax is so hard to clean, but we all worked together and it only took about an hour. Other than that annoyance, the day went swimmingly. Alli made 4 pies - chocolate chip, pumpkin, pecan, and cheesecake. She made broccoli cheese casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, Mac and cheese, and frog eye salad. I did the dishes and made fresh cranberry sauce. 😂 I feel like i came out the clear winner here, but she loved her day in the kitchen, so. 🤷‍♀️

The girls played at the Clark’s Rest park for awhile and Addie did a library pickup. We continued our clean out of the fridge for dinner and then we all pitched in with clean up. Christian came over after work and brought us some stuffed ham and we got to visit. Lu called and we all laughed at silly, busy Emmett as he ran around. He talks to their Google play and never stops moving. He is so precious and I can’t wait to see him again. We put the angel on the tree and I also got out another Christmas bin. 


My mom sent her favorite diet treat for us to enjoy and they are super tasty. 

Gratitude post of the day:

Today I am grateful for fancy chocolate. For a sister that loves to cook. And for FaceTime with the California and Montana crews, table time visiting with the bubba, and for story time with the girls at 10:30pm. 

#givethanks

No comments: