Sunday, November 8, 2020

Day #237-#238

Delaney likes to use Tenkor as a pillow. 

On Saturday around 11:30 the associated press called the election and Joe Biden became our president elect. Trump is calling voter fraud, so we will see what happens. I am cautiously optimistic. I don’t believe one president is going to change everything, but I am so ready for civility and a unifying voice in the White House. Wether people will be unified or not remains to be seen, but we have not had a voice of civility or unity for the past 4 years and it’s been difficult. 

Matt worked the navy and the girls, Alli, and I cleaned out the garage so Matt can park in there again. It was a nice quiet day. Matt and I got to sit with Addie for a really cool stake yw/ym activity. They collected videos and pictures of all the youth and talked about how they were the light. Addie sat between us and it was so nice.

That night we cried as we listened to our first female Vice President elect. It’s been a long time coming, and watching our little girls watch Kamala’s speech made me so happy. 

This was captioned: “Rosa sat, so Ruby could walk, so Kamala could run.” And that gives me all.the.feels. 
💅💕💅

The girls love to use zoom backgrounds and Delaney found a way to make one with her picture. Addie took a picture of herself with D’s background. I die. 😂

This is a terrible picture, but for our sacrament song during our at home sacrament we sang along as the girls tried signing and it was really cool. 

After church Matt took the girls to this tiny bamboo forrest he found near our house. I was able to make a bunch of phone calls and read in a quiet house with no guilt. 🙌🏼

Matt made dinner, but the instant pot spazzed out and wouldn’t pressurize, so I stepped in to help. Our broken down count right now is big tv, printer, and instant pot, though I’m hopeful the instant pot will have just been a fluke. 

Tonight we’re trying to play Phase 10 again, but I think our girls may be too little for such a long game. We had pouting and angry players last time and we’re halfway through this game and have pouty and angry players. We’ll see how it turns out, but this one might need to be retired for awhile. 

No comments: