Friday, November 20, 2020

Day #250

250 days! Wowza. Feels like forever, and also like a month. Covid time is weirder than regular time. 

I did some research about teaching math to kids with dyslexia and we focused on multiplication with manipulatives today. Frankie talked about seeing pictures in her mind, and I realize in tutoring I have her get a good picture of sight words in her mind, so that makes sense that manipulatives would work. She was a little sad because she doesn’t want to be behind. 💔 We talked about how she doesn’t have to think of it as being behind because she can be right where she needs to be. I hate learning disabilities, but I love our girl. Praying always that I can give her the tools she needs to access the awesomeness of her different brain. 

Another ministering interview and then I walked with the girls to pick up lunches. It was a beautiful day, which is why extra nice because it’s been so cold the last few days. We had pizza for lunch and D wanted to cut hers up and do some fractions. 

After lunch Alli and I took Tenkor to training. She’ll be at Apple Jack for a week and I am so excited for her to learn and socialize and be a whole new lady when she comes home. And nervous and sad for her because she’s probably wondering why the heck she’s sleeping all alone away from home tonight. 

I haven’t seen Christian in forever and he’s making stuffed ham everyday until thanksgiving, so I picked him up some dinner and dropped it off for him. Matt worked at Andrews today. After dinner the girls performed a play for us. 

I didn’t see Delaney when we came down and Addie said she was in her room. Wasn’t till halfway through that I realized she was sitting on top of the (bolted to the wall) shelf. Addie was the genie granting wishes under the blanket and Laney was granting them from above - throwing down animals and money. 

We waited for Matt to watch President Nelson’s message of hope and it was so great. So thankful for him and his prophetic vision. He asked us to flood social media with all that we’re grateful for. 

So my 1st post: I’m so grateful for this warm day we had today. For dog trainers that share their wisdom and patience. And for my teaching experience that prepared me for this forced home schooling. #givethanks

No comments: