Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Day #254

Last nights DWTS fun at papas. I was surprised that Kaitlyn won, but she was great and I’m sure she earned it. It’ll be sad not having a new episode to look foreword to each week. We have so little excitement. 😂

Jim shared this sweet picture of Sharon. I miss her. She passed away a year after Matt and I got married, so I never really got to have a mother in law. Our girls missed out on a grandma and that’s a bummer. 

We decopauged Delaney’s letters and put them on her wall. We only had one snafu when addie traced and I cut a letter backwards, but we were able to find another cute paper, so it worked out. Her letters are huge, I really shouldn’t allow myself I order anything size dependent online because I am awful at it. To be fair, they do fit the space, so I got that part right, they’re just gigantic. And don’t get me started on the 1000 tiny plates I ordered for our Christmas concert like 3 years ago that we still have hundreds of. Understanding measurements are hard. 

We put Addie’s up a few weeks ago but I never got a picture. These girls have cute rooms that I love spending time in. We’ve been focusing hard on keeping things tidy and they are doing pretty well with lots of reminders. 

Papa came over to see if anyone would like to go take pictures with him; and Frankie volunteered. She snapped him peeking in the lighthouse. 

And he got this pretty shot of her silhouette. They both had a great time and I’m glad they love spending time together.  

I’ve been getting out one Christmas bin a day. I don’t want to go too crazy because I’ve got thanksgiving decor out, but I do like getting things out little by little. Look at this cute little nerd. 

And another one. These cute magenta are coming up on 20 years old. 😳 

We finished decorating the tree and cleaned out a bunch of leftovers in preparation for thanksgiving feasting. 

I lit my Winter scented candle from Bath and Body Works and it just smells like Christmas to me. That is the smell that Christmas scented books were in my childhood. I can’t exactly pinpoint what those books would have been, but scratch and sniff was big in the 80’s and the winter scent takes me straight there. I love it! It was cold today, so the girls and I cuddled while I read the Friend to them, and I also enjoyed a cuddly warm nap. These are stressful times and naps are heaven and I’m working on not feeling guilty about them. 

My thankful post:

I’m grateful for yummy smelling candles, fuzzy warm blankets, and the privilege of watching my kids learn and bond with my dad. They love spending time one-on-one with him and it makes me so happy.

#givethanks

No comments: