Thursday, May 26, 2016

Stuff

This morning after getting the boy and the girlies off to school, I dropped Delaney off at Colleen's and Rachel and I went to breakfast. It was a nice morning. Then I went shopping (solo, yo!) for some birthday, grad, fireside stuff. We had corndogs and apples for dinner (keeping it real, yo!) and headed to church for the marriage fireside. It was really good. I'm grateful for new perspectives and greater awareness. We had an ok turnout. I wish we could meet all together and discuss these important, relationship building things. I left pretty quickly after it ended so I could go to baby boys (calling him that a lot lately, I think I'm clinging to being his momma still with all that I have)very last high school sports awards night.

The athletes always give their coaches really nice gifts.
Chris lettered again, so he got another little patch to attach. They announced his name last. Coach Snyder said something like, "I'm not gonna talk about speed (he's not the fastest) but this athlete is one of the best leaders I've ever had the pleasure to coach." Melts my momma's heart. Chris also got the Sportsmanship award, but I missed that part. :/

Friendies. 
I can't say enough good things about the track program. It wasn't our first choice, but as these things usually go, it was the right choice for Chris.
His coaches foster this awesome unity among the team. They genuinely cheer eachother on and celebrate one another's victories.
They teach leadership, discipline, and respect, all while having fun with them. They communicate well and have a great rapport with parents. Track meets might not be my favorite, but this coaching staff is pretty close.
Grad practice in the gym and I snuck over to bubbas spot. Can he really be graduating in less than a week?
I finished wrapping presents for lexi this afternoon. 20 things for the almost 20 year old! Mostly small things (gum, hot Cheetos, tic tacs) with a few nicer things mixed in. I think they came out really cutely and I hope she likes it!
And finally, gorgeous sunset as I drove home the 4th and final time today. 'Twas a good one.

No comments: